w164 2009 IGNITION COIL LIGHT CUT OUT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercoscot

Hi there folks,

Looking for a bit of help from all you guys in the know with a problem ive been having with my Ignition Barrel on my 2009 ml 280 cdi. Recently when ive been putting the key into the ignition I don't hear the noise of the steering lock unlocking and I know now that it isn't working. When I turn the key to position 2 the coil lights come on briefly if it actually comes on at all - then the lights all cut out on me. This causes me problems trying to start the car. After a few turns of the key back and forward I eventually get it started. However I feel its getting worse and really have to try and do something about it. Thanks in anticipation to you folks for going through this long winded problem and hopefully someone may have the knowledge to provide an answer that's going to help me. Cant believe it with a car just over 4 years old now having ignition issues. Not to mention a few months ago the passenger side front door lock stopped working from central locking - now has to be manually lifted. Been living with this problem but cant live with the one ive got with the ignition. Thanks in advance guys

Hi Mercosot,

have you got it fixed and if yes what was the issue? I have the same issue since 1 week with my W164 which is just over 3 years car..... Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom