W164 auto liftgate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hercules

Car
W203 2006 180K Sport Edition & ML164 sport
Hello friends,

You have not heard from me in the forum lately, Have been busy working on a new Comand mods to integrate a speed camera within the Comand display and also a blind spot system assist all this on a w164.

After this my next venture will be to retrofit an auto liftgate on the w164.
I managed to get a nearly new Pump, Hydrophilic and brackets.
So soon I will need to gather all the rest for the retrofit, control unit, Harness,sensors, switch , buzzer,.......

So if there is some of you in this forum to direct me to some place to get the remaining items needed at a reasonable price , it will be very much appreciated

Will keep you updated

Thanks

You can add speed cameras to the Comand, but unfortunately you cannot make them alarm when you get to them.

You can add speed cameras to the Comand, but unfortunately you cannot make them alarm when you get to them.

Of course they can, I'm integrating the snooper S4 and it can warn you one mile before getting to the camera. ( of course if you are driving over the speed limit)

Of course they can, I'm integrating the snooper S4 and it can warn you one mile before getting to the camera. ( of course if you are driving over the speed limit)

Hello friends,

As promised , I can update you on my Liftgate retrofit, I gathered all parts needed for this and today had some spare time and decided to go for it.

This is just Phase one I only managed to fit the pump, control unit and harness IMG_2224.jpg I managed to pass the hydrophilic lines under the longitudinal member cover without removing it , I just removed the three rear screw and partially unclipping the rear side panelling the lifting the L member cover to pass the hydrophilic lines IMG_2220.jpg and the wiring harness.
There is an earthing provision on the chassis near the pump IMG_2223.jpg.

Then I had to stop because it started raining so I tacked away the wiring harnes behind the the rear fuse unit , there are a lot of wire there , for sensors, switches, CAN signal, etc...

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

I will have to wait now for an other sunny day for phase two, to connect hydraulic lines to the ram and fit the all unit and hopefully I will try to do this without completely removing the roof lining , I already have replaced the tailgate side cover with obstruction sensors.
I have lately found out that I will have to replace also the tailgate strut for this retrofit as they are different to manual .
I have ordered the right hand one from Euromerc , have ordered this 20 days ago but still waiting, I have emailed Nick in numerous occasions but no response :dk:, hope I will get it soon for my phase two :wallbash:.

Will keep you updated :thumb:

View attachment 38029

View attachment 38030

I will have to wait now for an other sunny day for phase two, to connect hydraulic lines to the ram and fit the all unit and hopefully I will try to do this without completely removing the roof lining , I already have replaced the tailgate side cover with obstruction sensors.
I have lately found out that I will have to replace also the tailgate strut for this retrofit as they are different to manual .
I have ordered the right hand one from Euromerc , have ordered this 20 days ago but still waiting, I have emailed Nick in numerous occasions but no response :dk:, hope I will get it soon for my phase two :wallbash:.

Will keep you updated :thumb:
Still no TAILGATE GAS STRUT from Nick "Euromerc" I do not think I will ever order from him again :fail

Since then I did not received parts from Euromerc, but i did get a refund a while after and end up getting the part from Inchcape Oxford.
Nevertheless I had a busy day fitting the Hydraulic ram on Thursday and today made the final connections, and I'm please to say that it is a success so far .

All I have left to do now is to do a door new normalizing and finito. :bannana::bannana::bannana:

I will be having guests tomorrow, so Monday will be hopefully the eureka day.

I will be posting a short video clip if any interests.

I'll be interested when you do it, you can tell us all

Since then I did not received parts from Euromerc, but i did get a refund a while after and end up getting the part from Inchcape Oxford.
Nevertheless I had a busy day fitting the Hydraulic ram on Thursday and today made the final connections, and I'm please to say that it is a success so far .

All I have left to do now is to do a door new normalizing and finito. :bannana::bannana::bannana:

I will be having guests tomorrow, so Monday will be hopefully the eureka day.

I will be posting a short video clip if any interests.

Here is the link Mercedes ML W164 liftgate - YouTube

A retrofit with a kick

Hi.
That is fantastic.
I have a 2006 W164 and I really want to add this.
I don't have keyless go.
Do you have any more details of the parts/cost that you would be willing to share?

Many thanks

Nicholas.

All parts should cost no more that £1,000. maiby under £900 or less if you can get them on Ebay. the most epensive part is the pump and hydrolics .
If you still whant to have a go , I will try to get my list out for all the parts needed.

Nicpits,

I have a spare (new, which i've had for a few years) pump/hydraulics and the wiring loom
- you'll need some brackets, sensors, the switch for the tailgate and the ECU to control it. I bought it for my original ML500 then sold it and bought a ML63 that had the auto-tailgate already

Contact me via the contact form on www.mercupgrades.com (easy way of me not putting up an email address and as you can't PM yet...)

Richard

Thank you Richard.
I will look in to it a bit more then get back to you.
It sounds like you have most of what I need.
Can I ask why you never went ahead with it?

Nicholas

Thank you Richard.
I will look in to it a bit more then get back to you.
It sounds like you have most of what I need.
Can I ask why you never went ahead with it?

Nicholas

I sold the car and bought a ML63 before i got around to ordering the rest of the parts ! And Hercules had already obtained the parts before I knew he was doing the retrofit

R

Never seen that kick thing before.
From the vid, it looks like you just tap the underside of the bumper.
Presumable the car has keyless go and the lady has a transmitter in her pocket?

I still don't get how it works. What's to stop anyone off the street just opening your boot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom