W164 Interior Plastic Cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewOl

Car
E350 A207
Hi,

Just picked up a 2006 ML and found a plastic cover in the boot and was wondering if anyone knew where it was for. Part number 1646842918. Google gives up an exploded view but it is not so clear to me. Guessing something to do with battery but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

There is a cover that sits over the battery, it lives under your drivers seat.

If that is the stepped one I have put that in. This one looks like it might be from the battery compartment itself but I'm not sure

There is another small red one which sits over the positive terminal.

Could it be the fuse box cover out of the right hand side boot compartment?

Turn the two slotted buttons 1/4 turn with a coin.

Thinking about it there is a cover over the battery. It just fits flush with the top of the cavity. It's only about 2/3rds of the width.

Thanks Ted,

That is the one! Looks like I'm missing the ventilation duct that sits on top of this piece. Will try to get one from a breaker but guessing it is not that critical as it presumably just directs air onto rear passenger feet.

It mightn't be too dear from your Merc dealers, sometimes the surprise is a good one.
Not often but you never know! :D

Just make sure the vent pipe is pushed into the pipe coming from the transmission tunnel. The vent pipe then gets pinned in place with a plastic pin and socket.

Good luck.

Interestingly a scrap dealer got back in touch offering the same part for £55!

Doesn't surprise me. Some of the prices on the bay are outrageous too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom