W164 Limp Mode Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you fit one of the plugs from eBay with the resistor inside. I’m just a bit worried the resistor will vibrate out as it is just holding itself in with a bit of heat shrink helping.

Mapped it out today with a conservative stage 1. Codes all gone and it definitely pulls a bit better, not drastically different. Mine is the 236 engine so probably just making 10% more but you can really feel it.

Did you fit one of the plugs from eBay with the resistor inside. I’m just a bit worried the resistor will vibrate out as it is just holding itself in with a bit of heat shrink helping.
Double the end of the resistor wire over for an improved fit in each plug slot . I used some heat shrink that was about the same width as the plug , which I then doubled back over and put a zip tie around it and the plug if that makes sense.

Here is a couple of pics I found
7AAE4EEF-6FB5-49BF-8418-147FCBEF5B8B.jpeg4EB001CE-29A8-4E85-928B-5745A9C10C83.jpeg

Thanks, I did a similar sort of thing. If anyone else needs a resistor please let me know and I will pop one in the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom