W164 ml power tailgate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Just started not working either to open or close. tried it on key or handle unlocks and closes tight but no upward or downward poured motion, had to open and close it manually. Any ideas?

Looks like its trying to work by the sound of it, ,any idea on how to access the motor or does anyone know where the sensors are?

Found the motor under the floor under the spare wheel soaking wet, i will dry it out and see whats occurring

Found the motor under the floor under the spare wheel soaking wet, i will dry it out and see whats occurring
Check for leaks through the seals of the fixed rear side windows, or through the tailgate seal. Both are known weak spots.

Do you use a jet wash to wash the car, and spray it up into the wheel arches? Again a known ingress point.

Does anyone know about how much fluid should be in the hydraulic pump chamber as i cant see any markings, and i suspect its low as it less than 1/2 full.

Does anyone know about how much fluid should be in the hydraulic pump chamber as i cant see any markings, and i suspect its low as it less than 1/2 full.
Hi Nigel did you resolve this problem ? about to check the motor/pump in boot myself to see if wet and low on fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom