W164 ML - Water leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markydee

Car
ML320 Sport
Hi there,

Background - last year I had electrical issues (windows opening on their own, engine kept running with key removed, wouldn't lock etc etc) and this was traced to the battery compartment under the drivers seat which was half full of water and a connection box and SAM unit both had to be replaced.

Now - Exactly 1 year on and I have had further electrical issues this week (radio switching off/on battery warning light flashing on and off) and so immediately looked where the dealer said the issue was last time.

The carpet was dry and the battery storage compartment did not have any water in it, what I did notice though is that the foot well carpet of the REAR passengers side was very wet?

Strangely the front passengers foot well was completely dry as most posts relate to issues in that location although the vehicle is always parked on a sloped drive of approx. 20 degrees so I guess that there is a chance the leak is running straight from the front to the rear foot well not affecting the front carpet enough to be noticeable?

I have checked the drain hole in the vent box under the front wipers and this is clear, I would appreciate any help before I return for what will no doubt be another expensive dealer repair!

Does anybody know if there are there any electronics under this carpet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom