W164 ML280 2006, 86 intermittent electrical faults!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EspritSE

Car
C32 & C63 AMG
Hello all,

My daughters ML280 is suffering from various intermittent faults across most modules. The symptoms are that there is a beep, all instruments including the clock don't work, they will spring back to life almost immediately. Cruise control is inoperative at all times. It is now starting to suffer from a momentary engine cut, although it could be the gearbox I'm feeling.

The battery in the car is about a year old, I've just changed the auxiliary battery and checked the main battery connections when I was in there. I've had the engine bay fuse box out and checked all plugs, relays and fuses were correctly seated. I've taken the central control module out and it 'looks' ok. Under a magnifying light the board doesn't show any signs of corrosion, burning or shorting.

I've attached a photos of the fault codes if anyone can point me in the right direction.

ThanksDSC02870.JPGDSC02871.JPGDSC02872.JPGDSC02873.JPGDSC02874.JPGDSC02875.JPGDSC02876.JPGDSC02877.JPG
Nigel

Ok, I had done that already and it came up with a similar list of faults that I didn't save. I'll try it again tomorrow to see what it says.
As always intermittent faults are more difficult to trace than faults that are there constantly.

Our sl had all sorts of intermitent electrical faults for about 2 years . All eventually turned out to be from a faulty EIS (electronic ignnition switch)

I have a 2006 ML280 and just this evening the engine started cutting out. I have recently replaced the rear SAM and suspected that to be the issue, but turns out when I move the rear fuse box the engine cuts out. So I have a fault in one of the wires. Not sure which one yet but annoying never the less. (I'll start a post with my faults)

When you got your motor checked for all the faults had the mechanic been in the rear compartment? My guess due to the age of the vehicle the wire looms are becoming brittle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom