W164 ML320Cdi Climate Control Panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hunnywolf1

Car
W164 ML320CDI 2007
Hi Guys, I have just purchased a 2007 ML 320CDI a couple of weeks ago and only noticed a few days ago that the front part of the rear climate control panel is missing. I have purchased a replacement item which is actually the whole control unit (which is probably a good thing, because I am sure the original part must have been taken off for a reason). However it is not obvious to me how to remove the actual switch unit to install the new one.

Has anyone had to do this? I can't find any instructions on youtube / google etc... so I assume it's not that common. Does anyone have instructions please?

Thank you 😊

I think you open the ashtray and pull from the bottom. And then use a trim tool at the top. It just clips in I think.
You should google removing the radio before What I just said in case I'm wrong.
I am sure someone will put you right.

I think you open the ashtray and pull from the bottom. And then use a trim tool at the top. It just clips in I think.
You should google removing the radio before What I just said in case I'm wrong.
I am sure someone will put you right.
Yes there's plenty out there about the front control panel. It's the control panel in the rear that I need to remove.

Sorry didn't realise, Remove the ashtray and I'm sure there are two torx screws at the back.
I removed the complete centre console but cannot remember if the air vents came out with the heater panel.
Sorry not much help.

This is the video which I used, Took me a while to remember so this should be what your looking for.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom