w164 ml63 wheel fitment help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trinitom

Car
ML 63
Hi people
Im looking to replace my stock 20" wheels, and i did find a nice set that i would like to buy.
Just don't know if they will clear the calipers.
the wheels ate 21" 10.5J 30ET, can anyone confirm if they will fit?
many thanks.

Hi people
Im looking to replace my stock 20" wheels, and i did find a nice set that i would like to buy.
Just don't know if they will clear the calipers.
the wheels ate 21" 10.5J 30ET, can anyone confirm if they will fit?
many thanks.
Which generation of ML63 do you have?

If it’s the original W164 model (2006-2011) then the size of the factory option 21-inch wheel is 10j ET46 (ie 10 inches wide with 46 mm offset) with 295/35 tyres.

Compared to this wheel, the wheel you’ve found will have an inner rim which is 9.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 22.4mm more than before.

So it would be unlikely to cause problems with clearance on the brakes or suspension, however it may cause interference with the wheel arch - it’s unlikely to rub though given the elevated ride height.

If it’s the later W166 model (2012-2015) then the size 21-inch wheel is 10j ET56 (ie 10 inches wide with 56 mm offset) with 295/35 tyres.
Compared to this wheel, the wheel wheel will have an inner rim which is 19.7mm further away from the suspension strut.The outer rim will poke out 32.4mm more than before.

So it would be unlikely to cause problems with clearance on the brakes or suspension, however it may cause interference with the wheel arch - it’s unlikely to rub though given the elevated ride height.
Wheel Fitment Guide

Personally I would get a wheel closer to the factory sizes, especially on the later W166 model, because it will be “sticking out” around 1.5 inches further than specified which will be beyond the bodywork.

Which generation of ML63 do you have?

If it’s the original W164 model (2006-2011) then the size of the factory option 21-inch wheel is 10j ET46 (ie 10 inches wide with 46 mm offset) with 295/35 tyres.

Compared to this wheel, the wheel you’ve found will have an inner rim which is 9.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 22.4mm more than before.

If it’s the later W166 model (2012-2015) then the size 21-inch wheel is 10j ET56 (ie 10 inches wide with 56 mm offset) with 295/35 tyres.
Compared to this wheel, the wheel wheel will have an inner rim which is 19.7mm further away from the suspension strut.The outer rim will poke out 32.4mm more than before.

Wheel Fitment Guide

Personally I would get a wheel closer to the factory sizes, especially on the later W166 model, because it will be “sticking out” around 1.5 inches further than specified which will be beyond the bodywork.
I have the first generation w164.
I made a comparison early on (probably same website: https://www.willtheyfit.com/) and came to the same conclusion that the wheels will come quite a bit further out.
think i will pass on those and look for same size 10j as stock.

I have the first generation w164.
I made a comparison early on (probably same website: https://www.willtheyfit.com/) and came to the same conclusion that the wheels will come quite a bit further out.
think i will pass on those and look for same size 10j as stock.
I just noticed that it says W164 in the thread title!

I’m running my winter wheels on a W164 at the moment, which are 295/40 20 tyres on 10j ET46 wheels. It looks like the wheels you’ve found would sit 10 mm further out, which is probably right on the limit.

Unless they’re an incredible deal then it might be worth looking for something else. If they’re cheap enough or special enough then you could always take the risk, do a trial fit and see how you get on.

Which wheels do you have at the moment?

These look great on the W164 - I run these as my summer wheels.

after an long search i have finally decided on the new wheels.
going for 22", I think they will look lovely.

Attachments

• Impaktus-Black-Sommerrader-10x-22-Zoll-5x112-ET40-_57 (1).jpg
    Impaktus-Black-Sommerrader-10x-22-Zoll-5x112-ET40-_57 (1).jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Impaktus-Black-Sommerrader-10x-22-Zoll-5x112-ET40-_57.jpg
    Impaktus-Black-Sommerrader-10x-22-Zoll-5x112-ET40-_57.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Impaktus-Black-Sommerrader-10x-22-Zoll-5x112-ET40-_57 (2).jpg
    Impaktus-Black-Sommerrader-10x-22-Zoll-5x112-ET40-_57 (2).jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 4
after an long search i have finally decided on the new wheels.
going for 22", I think they will look lovely.
Very nice 👌🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom