W164 ntg2.5 - ml350 - eq

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBDavinci

Car
ML350
Hi Guys,

Yes a quick question - in sound settings, is there only really Bass, Treble and Fade?

Quite disappointing that there isn't more of a GFX EQ or a way to adjust mids - loud, but not great sound.

Any hidden menu's or sound profiles I can access instead if there isn't?

Thanks

Afraid so , the three you mentioned and the Logic 7 option if you have the HK audio.

Kenny

Interestingly the Audio20 unit has very comprehensive sound adjustments in the hidden menu.... but I have not found anything similar on COMAND yet.

It's a newer version than mine, but will see if it gets into the engineering menu - thank you

It's a newer version than mine, but will see if it gets into the engineering menu - thank you

Please note that the link I posted is for Audio20, not COMAND.

yep, doesn't work on command (I did say W164 and command in the title :p) - think theres a few different combinations out there - think im stuck with bass and trreble for SD Card Mp3's and radio.

Will see if I can use Ipod, as there are different EQ settings on there that may help to compliment the command settings.

One thing to note, is that is if you download mp3 at 320kbps bitrate and play them from the SD-Card/USB/Internal HD, you'll get better sound than when playing them over Bluetooth. This is because most wireless music transfers occur at either 64 or 128 kbps. But the best possible sound quality will come from playing 'proper' audio CDs (not mp3) from the CD/DVD player.

all my MP3's are 320KBPS VBR.

You are correct on mastered, 24-bit Audio CD's - I just don't want what I had in my previous car - numerous CD wallets and any wear on the headunit drive :) [I know I can load 6, but still :)]

Good note on BT - thank you.

all my MP3's are 320KBPS VBR.

You are correct on mastered, 24-bit Audio CD's - I just don't want what I had in my previous car - numerous CD wallets and any wear on the headunit drive :)

Good note on BT - thank you.

You can also use this for testing purposes, i.e. by starting from the highest sound quality you will be able to assess what is the best that the system is capable of, then see if performance is negatively affected by the type of media you are using and connection etc.

I think it is pretty good sound wise.

One thing I have found is the mid range is too forward, which can make it sound a bit harsh.
Add +2 on bass and treble and it can sort this quite nicely.

Also, I found the soundstage fell apart unless I had to on front +4 and left +1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom