W166 ML Heated / Cooled cupholder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
Hi
We retrofitted the heated / cooled cup-holder to my ML today.

Its *lovely*. It lights up blue when cooling, red when heating, orange when doing neither when the interior lights are on. It has little red LED that lights when its hot and stays on (even with ignition off) until it cools down for those health and safety people at Mercedes.

Its reasonably quick and cooling down or heating up, and one side is Coke can sized and the other is Starbucks cup sized.

Shame you can't have one side hot and the other cold, but my wife has agreed whoever is driving gets to chose.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueCarS...729996754053/1784988301728221/?type=3&theater

Richard

richard said:
Hi We retrofitted the heated / cooled cup-holder to my ML today. Its *lovely*. It lights up blue when cooling, red when heating, orange when doing neither when the interior lights are on. It has little red LED that lights when its hot and stays on (even with ignition off) until it cools down for those health and safety people at Mercedes. Its reasonably quick and cooling down or heating up, and one side is Coke can sized and the other is Starbucks cup sized. Shame you can't have one side hot and the other cold, but my wife has agreed whoever is driving gets to chose. https://www.facebook.com/UniqueCarSound/photos/a.1637050916521961.1073741829.1634729996754053/1784988301728221/?type=3&theater Richard

Would be great to add this to the farther in law ML250.

May I ask where you sourced the parts, how much? And where did you connect for power?

Would be great to add this to the farther in law ML250.

May I ask where you sourced the parts, how much? And where did you connect for power?

Mercedes dealer, you need to put a new centre console loom in, and some new wire(s) from the centre console wiring connector for power to the standard fuse for it in the fusebox, its a reasonable chunk of work as getting to those places is not simple

Richard

Hats off to you Richard! I was fortunate enough that my ML came with them. A nice little touch for definite. :)

richard said:
Mercedes dealer, you need to put a new centre console loom in, and some new wire(s) from the centre console wiring connector for power to the standard fuse for it in the fusebox, its a reasonable chunk of work as getting to those places is not simple Richard

Thanks Richard. On that basis think we will continue to chill the can of pop in the fridge prior to any journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom