W166 ML250 DPF (registered in 2015)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evg

Car
MERCEDES ML250 2015
Hi, probably a stupid question.(I am not very good at cars) Our ML250 was showing engine fault on the dashboard, we brought it to the dealer and were told that DPF (diesel particular filter) need replacement. The part is ordered and we are waiting for it. Out of curiosity I attempted to find this part in electronic parts catalog and failed. I used

Mercedes-Benz Parts Catalog

Also googling for DPF and ML250 did not generate any useful links. Is it named differently in ML250 ? Could anyone provide any guidance how to find this part? Mercedes is doing all the work I just want to better understand what they are doing with the car. Thanks

Will it be a warranty claim , based on the age of the car ?

Not a common problem with the MB 's .

Kenny

Mine does this every now and then, engine management light and sometimes limp mode.

In my case it is because the DPF regeneration has not completed its cycle properly. I have found that if I take it on the motorway at 60 in 4th gear for about 20 mins and keep driving until the ECO light turns back to green the problem goes away.

In theory this forces a regeneration and don't stop until the eco light comes back to green.

It tends only to happen when my wife does lots of short stop/start jouneys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom