W166 ML350 connection issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I have sourced a genuine Mercedes cable, all now works well with regards music and the media interface, however still cannot use the internet ? when i try i get a message saying 'this device does not support data communication '? so is there a setting on the phone that needs changing ?????
thanks Neil

Apple products aren't supported for internet connection via COMAND

Oh, it was in my 2015 CLS ? which my iphone could connect to and browse internet from command and also send addresses from the iphone to the satnav ? I believe my head unit is NTG 4.7 (by the fact that it has red lines on the display, which i believe 4.5 does not ??) according to MB medic one of the main changes between 4.5 and 4.7 was 4.7 can connect to internet via iPhone and Android phones ????

I don’t have any problems with the same car/COMAND, and have used it with iPhone XS, X, 8, 7, 6s, and 6.

Oh, it was in my 2015 CLS ? which my iphone could connect to and browse internet from command and also send addresses from the iphone to the satnav ? I believe my head unit is NTG 4.7 (by the fact that it has red lines on the display, which i believe 4.5 does not ??) according to MB medic one of the main changes between 4.5 and 4.7 was 4.7 can connect to internet via iPhone and Android phones ????

Care to share how you set it up?

It certainly doesnt work for NTG 4.5

I don’t have any problems with the same car/COMAND, and have used it with iPhone XS, X, 8, 7, 6s, and 6.

Care to share how you set it up?

It certainly doesnt work for NTG 4.5

Mine also worked with internet but for the life of me I camt remember how I got it towork as the dealer couldn't make it connect

I vaguely recall something to do with the personal hot-spot needing to be on all the time but can't remember beyond that as by the time I did get it working I realised it was a complete waste of time as it offers nothing useful with the command apps so never used it again!!!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom