W166 Rear springs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martyn_n

Car
W124 E320, W163 ML270 & W166 ML350
My 2012 ML 350 Diesel has just failed its MOT on a broken rear spring. I have tried to get a price from MB but they need to know what colour stripe the spring has, green, pink, white or brown. Unfortunately I cannot see any stripe, possibly because it is beneath a plastic sleeve around the top few windings, and apparently unlike other models there is no points table to calculate which spring you need.
Has anyone changed the springs on a similar model, ML350 Bluetec with "spots chassis" option (They all seem to have that!) and remember what colour to order so that I can order one before I take the car off the road?
Any help would be appreciated.

Have you looked at the other side to see if you can see the colours there?

Have you looked at the other side to see if you can see the colours there?
Yes, and cannot see anything on it. I now have the spring out (it’s in three pieces!) and the only paint is a small blob of yellow. Unfortunately yellow isn’t an option. I am assuming both rear springs are aftermarket ones.
I went to the main dealer who has a “pink” one on the shelf and it looked identical but I am aware that it isn’t only the length that may affect the spring rate so I don’t want to risk buying it.
The dealer are raising a “technical “ with Germany but that means I’ll be off the road for god knows how long.
Has anyone got a similar spec car ther can look under to see what colour they have?
Thanks in advance.

I’ve had a better look at the other side now the car is on stands and found the paint mark shown on the attached photo. I was expecting a band rather than just a smear but could this mean my spring is “white”4DC84A00-44D6-4D13-99C1-A4CEEF00AA3C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom