W166 TV Tuner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johngleeson

Car
slk 350, Navara Pickup, W166
I have a 2013 W166 ML with original fit TV Tuner which is not working, I have lost the channel list and the screen just shows the no signal sign.
I am unsure where the aerial is and can't see this problem on other posts. Any ideas????

No idea, i have had the car for 5 years and it has always worked until recently

I cannot see a fuse associated with Tuner either

Any recent service work or software updates?

Do you have sat nav and if so does it I still work?

I thought TV was disabled in the UK markets....

No service work, the rest of command still works fine as do the rear screens on dvd
MB still sell models with the tuner so it must be available

Sounds like a reception problem. My tuner is very susceptible to a weak signal area. I'd like to find a way to boost reception but haven't got round to it. Have you tried to scan for stations again?

Reception could be a problem occasionally but that was normally due to being close to buildings, it isn’t picking up any signal at all anywhere now
Can’t find any info regarding aerial location ?

W166 is always digital tuner. It was an option (sometimes packaged with the rear entertainment system). There are 3 antenna, 1 is shared with DAB (how is your DAB reception) - Either 2 in the front (either side of windscreen) and one in the back, or the other way around - Can't quite remember. Theres also a splitter that splits 1 between TV and DAB if you have DAB.

Make sure you havent plugged a USB charger or dashcam in that is interfering - very common that the cheap ones (and some expensive ones) wipe out DAB and TV (similar frequencies)

R

W166 is always digital tuner. It was an option (sometimes packaged with the rear entertainment system). There are 3 antenna, 1 is shared with DAB (how is your DAB reception) - Either 2 in the front (either side of windscreen) and one in the back, or the other way around - Can't quite remember. Theres also a splitter that splits 1 between TV and DAB if you have DAB.

Make sure you havent plugged a USB charger or dashcam in that is interfering - very common that the cheap ones (and some expensive ones) wipe out DAB and TV (similar frequencies)

R
Is there a way to boost signal reception or is digital tv just rubbish without a 50ft mast?

R
I can see the elements in the windscreen and cannot see any damage, I can’t see any on the rear window other than the heated elements, DAB is working normally and there is nothing else plugged into the car. Would the shark fin just have the aerial for the sat nav?

Is there a way to boost signal reception or is digital tv just rubbish without a 50ft mast?
When mine was working the reception was very good other than being around tall buildings, the only difference I would notice is the amount of channels available in some areas

You have tried scanning again, yes?
It is set on automatic, there is a manual channel selector but without knowing channel numbers that’s difficult

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom