W168 - MAF fault code - P0100 - what effect on the car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulfoel

OK, so it looks like I need to get this fixed.

But in the meantime, what effect is it having? Im assuming since the airflow is not being measured correctly its having an effect on fuel mixture so affecting performance and mpg? If so how badly - doesnt seem too bad at the moment....

Hmmm

Looks like you have had this fault since June looking at all your posts regarding P0100 code.

Send off for repair is the simplest solution.

Last edited:
Hmmm

Looks like you have had this fault since June looking at all your posts regarding P0100 code.

Send off for repair is the simplest solution.

Agreed. Its just the spare time to remove the ECU, as well as time without car whilst its repaired.

Removing the ECU takes ten minutes ( I did ours and I'm no mechanic )

Ecutesting.com will turn it round in two days , costs about £200 and is guaranteed for two years.

Took ours out on Monday morning , recorded post to them , had it back and installed on the car Wednesday afternoon.

10 mins. Really? Looks hard to me.... :-(

Also, thought turn around was more like a week.

10 mins is pushing it some what. More like 5. Did mine a couple of years ago and has been fine ever since. Mercedes wanted to fit a newly coded unit that would have taken a couple of weeks for £1600. I took great pleasure in getting back to the mb. service guy telling him I had it fixed in 3 days for less than 200.

Quick Question- On my E280 OM642 iv has that P0100 for months now,last time it was on star tech said left side MAF faulty. Thing is iv no power loss,management light or poor consumption,car drives very well kickdown etc. should I buy a new maf or just leave it as it is as it car is working fine. Apparently I'd need to buy the whole unit that sits over the engine for air intake to replace just that one maf for £268? What do you guys suggest?

Same as me. Car seems fine apart from warning light.

(And yes I've tried to clear - it comes back)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom