w169 A Class - Wiring Part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickyP64

Car
A200 Turbo
I need help finding a wiring part number or connectors.

I’m missing a small part of the wiring loom from the tailgate of my A200T after the id**t that I employed to swop my tailgate over lost it. I really wish I could have found the time to do the swap the doors over myself, but it’s done now and I’m slowly mopping up the damage done to wing mirrors, tailgate wiper etc. The last item to get working is the tailgate courtesy/hazard light that operates when the tailgate is open – the 50/50 red and white one as seen in this picture.

2irx7ig.jpg

It’s only two short pieces of wire with a connector at each end. Is it possible to get hold of the part number for a replacement, or if I could identify the connectors order them up and make the missing piece of loom up myself?

I've looked as hard as I can for wiring diagrams and had a good search on fleaBay for parts.

Just spent at least half-an-hour trying to find the part number for the wiring harness - no luck, I'm afraid.
Got you part numbers for the light and connectors, perhaps if you call a main dealer, they can give you the harness part number (or better still - supply one).
I must confess - the logic behind EPC/WIS parts' designation, and its entire structure, seems complete bonkers to me.
I can take a part name from EPC and do a search in WIS, and there's nothing by that name there ... most of the time one can't even search by part number in WIS :(

38496912071_43e2cd650b_o.png

Is it part of this? REAR END DOOR REPAIR KIT? A1695403135 Notice the extra two leads on the last picture.
Often two extra wires at one end have a slightly more complicated origin at the other end?
s-l1600.jpg

modified loom [ extra red and black leads from loom]
38356995801_1e04011290_o.jpg

courtesy of this thread on 'tother side.
[Wanted] - Wiring Harness A1695403135

OOPS I just quoted Glk'S Post on the tother side--- was in the middle of doing this when he posted sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: GLK
Ha-ha NO - these are my pics by the way, so the answer is definite :)

The pictured one is an upgrade / conversion wiring loom, to switch from a pre-facelift tailgate handle to a facelift one:

38497777501_6381f20ca4_o.png

The new one has separate connectors for the open switch and the number plate lamps, and the old one - just a single plug.
The modified (by me) harness is to accommodate the illuminated rear star*, which come on in sync with the plate lights.

I upgraded my tailgate handle, so bought the harness from MB Northampton, and added an extra plug.

*I won't post a pic of it in situ, as I do not want to cause massive heart attacks for OEM purists :rolleyes:

PS I missed the last line of your post, sorry :)

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to look at his guys – much appreciated.

If I google the part numbers all I get is the same image posted by GLK. I think I’m going to have to take the interior trim panels off the tailgate again to get a good look at the connecters and take a few pictures to remind myself what they look like and then have a good search online to see if I can find a match.

I could try the dealers with part number A0455459328 as that looks likely to be the thing I’m after (or thereabouts).

I can pull the wire out to see if there's a tag or a sticker on it - will check tomorrow

Wow, thanks, is there no trouble you won’t go to!

The missing piece of wiring runs inside the trim from the top of the tailgate to the courtesy light at the bottom. The top end plugs into a larger multi-connector (I think this one also does the FM Amplifier connections). I’m reasonably certain that the courtesy light wiring has the same connector at both ends. I remember thinking it was a bit weird that all the other wiring goes direct (to the washer pump etc.) but the courtesy light has its own short piece of loom via connectors for some reason. I suspect it’s a fairly generic connector and that all the other lights on that drawing with have the same one fitted, even a photo of it might help – I might be able to do an image search for ‘Mercedes-Benz electrical connectors’. I might be able to get a photo myself from the other courtesy lights on the other doors.

No worries, happy to help ;)

Checked the wire - no tags (that I can see), didn't photograph it, but will do later on this afternoon.
Used the occasion to replace a 6xSMD festoon with an omnidirectional COB one - the former is not ideally suited for the two-sided light.
No errors, so happy with that :)

I actually had all the tailgate trim out in August, when I fitted reversing camera and re-wired the rear dashcam with everything going via the O/S rubber conduit, wish I'd taken a few pics ...

OK, here are some pics, hope it'll be helpful.

I'd still just ask MB to quote for the missing wire - they might have additional info, and would certainly have infinitely more experience with EPC/WIS, than I have o_O

38465569106_e53cc56968_o.jpg

37805868174_52591bfc86_o.jpg

26745756929_5b901bf757_o.jpg

38489651182_56307b5c03_o.jpg

26745772059_d4f70a636c_o.jpg

Great stuff, thank you very much!...I’ve got something definite to go on now, I think having that part number is more than half the battle…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom