W169 A150 3-door

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Llewelyn

Car
S210 320CDi D6
When I got this one I wasn't sure if my S210 was going to need prohibitively expensive repair. Turns out that it didn't. Moreover, putting the 210 up on eBay led to it not making what I thought was a sensible reserve by quite a big margin. The A150 is in many ways a better car for me, although not quite as good on petrol as I'd hoped - but maybe that just reflects how economical the 320CDi is for it's size and performance. To be fair, the A150 is better on juice around town but on a run, not so much - perhaps I drive it too hard though :) The main thing it won't do that the 210 will is tow a heavy trailer or my caravan.

Anyhow. You might recall my mentioning it in a thread about W169s a bit back. Very clean 05-plate 3-door, 81K-odd miles, excellent little car in fact. Bodywork wise, there's a slight crease in the driver's door, presumably that worn hinge plus wind catching it cause it to touch the wing. Otherwise, can'see much wrong with it.IMG_20181119_134917.jpg

It needed a few silly faults fixing, most have been done, and the tyres replaced with newer ones as they were tending to crack from age. Stuff that I've fixed: take the driver's door apart and re-attach the window glass to the regulator. Replace the driver's door bottom hinge which had wear in it. Replace the tailgate handle which was only semi-attached with a good s/h one. I have a new LCD for the dash on order (it fades out after being on for a while), which will be fitted when it arrives. Also changed all the orange indicator bulbs for ones that are actually orange. The only thing left to fix is the passenger side door mirror which I doesn't adjust properly. I imagine it needs replacing with a working one. 4 good tyres. Cheap to tax and group 11/50 insurance. £1000 of your earth pounds, located south Wales.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom