W169 A170 petrol engine Q's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Greetings, citizens.

Been thinking about getting rid of the Panda for an A class, preferably an A200 auto. Nothing's been forthcoming, but local to me I've just spotted an '06 A170. Ticks the (wife's) boxes in that it's 5 seats (grandchildren are growing up), & has front/rear parking sensors. It's an auto, which she's currently ambivalent about, but I know she will take to it like a duck to water once she's driven it for a bit - a keen driver she ain't.

The car's low mileage, has FSH and a 6 month warranty thrown. Judging from the fact it's got black door handles I'm guessing it's Classic trim, but meh. Avantagarde would have been my choice but I'm not fussed.

So all well and good so far, but is there anything I should know about the engine? Known issues? I'm guessing it's not going to be a fireball, but 0-60 is 11 secs ish so enough to keep up with the traffic. Is it even a Mercedes engine? Something in the back of my mind thinks there was a Renault tie-up with the W169, which TBH will set alarm bells ringing.. :eek:

Thanks in advance, lovely people.. :)

Cheers,

Gaz

Forget it. Sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom