W169 Heater Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djt100

Car
2003 CLK320
Hi,
I'm new here and it looks like a lot of people have vastly more knowledge than me.

SWMBO has a W169 A150 2004.

She has a problem where the heater fan will only work on full. I've googled this and it appears to be the resistor. However what I am having trouble finding out is if the resistor is available as a part from MB on its own or a whole blower motor must be purchased. Also if anyone has exploded diagrams of the unit showing part numbers that would be great. Any suggestions as to how to replace ( I've seen the aclassinfo site but this seems to refer to the W168 models and the W169 looks to be very different)

Thanks in advance

Any MB parts department should be able to look in EPC and find this.

If your car has option 581, blower motor regulator is A169 820 02 97 (part 45 on the parts list for the heater & evaporator housing and wiring)
If your car doesn't have 581 then resistor pack is A169 820 03 97 (part 40 on the list)

581 is the fully automatic air con and is a rare option. But they will put your VIN into EPC and it won't offer them the wrong part in any case

Richard

Thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for

Hi Richard, I have this problem on my wife's car (you put an mcar phone system in for me recently) how do I find out what part I need. And what exactly is the part a motor or resistor pack - is it an easy job? Thank you

Ordered the part, £28 delivered and fitting took less than 2 minutes in the dark - works perfectly!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom