w169 replaced HU poor reception

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vitto

Car
mb
i wonder if anyone could help, i have a w169 of which i have replaced the head unit. I am now getting a very bad radio reception. i have removed the head lining locating the base of the roof antenna and the is only i single coax cabe exiting, looking online i was led to believe there may be an antenna amplifier embedded of which i have seen images of , . but i have followed the coax right up to underneath to the rear of the front seat but no joy, i know there is an antenna module behind the clocks which is I think is for the central locking unfortunately the radio connector blocks have been removed and I do not know what colour wire that may be needed, or number it may have been on the block to power the antenna amp?, that I don’t seem to have, or maybe somehow the central locking module powers the radio antenna I know some w169s roof antennas more than one cable for gps and are 12v powered or does my single coax need power sent down it? I have used coax inline 12v antenna booster to no success any ideas would be much appreciated :confused:

I never listen to the radio, ever, but I thought it's only digital now - hasn't the conventional AM/FM etc been switched off already?

Even if not yet, I assume you have an aftermarket HU now, so just get a DAB unit for it, that should be future-proof anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom