W169 Rf remote issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diashan

Car
S211 E280 CDI
Hi guys and gals, First off I'm new here so will say hi and my name is Daniel.

I'm having issues with my mom's W169 A200 it's and 05 reg. So the rf remote lock and unlock doesn't work. I managed to find out what the part for the receiver looks like via and online epc and google for an image search. my question is though where is the dang thing fitted at? I've looked under the driver side dash had the radio out, both sides in the boot and can't seem to see it anywhere.

I did search the site before posting and I couldn't find anything and I've looked at the internets for hours with no result. Could someone check out the WIS for me as I have a mac and can't run any of the wis programs I have came across.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Daniel

Did you try replacing the batteries in the remote fob?
Is there a spare key you can try, to see if that works the locking.

Dec

As Dec said, try changing the batteries in the remote.

Also, try to lock / unlock using IR link: point the key to the rear part of the driver's door handle from a very close range (about 3") and press lock/unlock.

32845017813_2e63952100_o.png

As to running EPC/WIS on Mac - it's a vm anyway, so should instal in VMWare Fusion (8.5 or above to run on Sierra):

33661423905_48febb1f57_o.png

Here are some screenshots of the central locking system:

33531878431_e452ed8501_o.png

33504567952_6571cf8594_o.png

33531879061_be75996219_o.png

33504637582_e06d49a312_o.png

Not sure if these are of any use at all - looks like the processing is done by the main SAM, but it's all way beyond my expertise anyway :crazy:

Yes batteries have been changed as she has been locking and unlocking with the IR for ages as she wasn't bothered. Though now that is playing up and working very intermittently. Also using the key isn't an option as the lock tumbler seems to disconnected from the latch mechanism. Tried removing the handle guide but seems to be stuck in after removing the t20 screw.

Also the fitting location is for A1698200475 if that helps for a fitting location.

Thanks for the heads up with the VMWare Fusion I will have a look for that. Are all WIS programs on eBay created equal? That or is there a better source?

How about the alarm system siren, is it in working order, are are any fuses relating to the alarm (ATA) blown?

Unlocking the car with the remote arms the alarm, unlocking, disarms it. Was the alarm known to be working properly when there were no locking problems?

Is the car radio receiving ok?

Dec

The alarm was working fine i.e. When I opened the door with the key before my mom did something to the lock the alarm would go off. That was when I was showing my mom how to use the key.

All fuses in the footwell are ok, though I'm not sure if it has another fuse box like my e class. Basically what I want to do is check power and earth at the box that is meant to be the antenna. Then go from there

I looked at EPC, and can see the part, however highlighting it and directly going to WIS doesn't bring anything where I can see it mentioned (i.e. remove/reinstall central locking antenna or similar). Someone with far better skills at EPC/WIS/ASRA/Xentry etc, etc needs to step in, I'm afraid.

I bought mine off eBay about a year ago, very cheap, but the chap is no longer trading.
It's been entirely trouble-free from instal to operation. Got a Mac skin for the XP and CutePDF printer - works perfectly, with output into shared folder, so I open it directly from macOS Sierra, without the need to copy over etc.

Ok I think I will try for one I saw that said it was available as a download versus getting it on dvds as Id probably rip it to a HDD for safe keeping.

Yes batteries have been changed as she has been locking and unlocking with the IR for ages as she wasn't bothered. Though now that is playing up and working very intermittently. Also using the key isn't an option as the lock tumbler seems to disconnected from the latch mechanism. Tried removing the handle guide but seems to be stuck in after removing the t20 screw.

Also the fitting location is for A1698200475 if that helps for a fitting location.

Hi Diashan, did you manage to solve this, because I'm facing the same issue...for 2 weeks now. I came to the same conclusion for the RF antenna module, but unable to find it though. Its not in the 5th door, not the side panels in the trunk. Next is to search for it in the "C" pillars.

Both of my keys stopped in 1 day. I don't know if it's relevant, but I cant lock/unlock via IR. Bought the car a month ago and I'm sure that the IR wasn't working then. Thanks.

No luck in the C pillars. Still taking suggestions. Thanks.

Hi all, I have a hint. When I manage to find it I'll give you the exact location.

74c2125bf80804dd1ceae343d5e88021.jpg

Hi all, I have a hint. When I manage to find it I'll give you the exact location.

OK, I finally found it. It is in the dashboard between the ignition, central airvents and the instrument cluster. I've managed to remove it through the airvents, but it will be easier through the cluster.

aa401272c43724eb83ddb2229d922733.jpg

f72c70c374ed4c02d749cf068f864f7b.jpg

83a48c35d07a967f86c674a7091f7f75.jpg

There are no visible damages on the PCB or Cold joints. Next is to find replacement for test.

Last edited:
Hi all, I've found a replacement antenna and installed it, but nothing happens. I think that I've made enough troubleshooting and its time to go to visit MB repair shop. Probably I have a faulty SAM.

Hi all, just got my w169 from the repair shop. The problem was indeed with the SAM module, It was not faulty but somehow lost its settings. It was reprogrammed, and now back to normal. The whole thing cost me less than 50€. Hope my experience help someone else. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom