W176 Facelift A250 - Cruise Control and CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JDB96

Car
A250 AMG
Morning all. My wife picked up a 16 plate (production date 29/03/16) Facelift A250 AMG Premium yesterday. Initial impressions are very good, she had an A200 for a bit a couple of years ago and this feels like a decent step up.

However, couple of initial queries. It doesn’t have cruise control. I find it very odd that a 2016 car near the top of the range doesn’t have it as standard but there we are. She does use it quite a lot so is it possible to have it retrofitted? Anyone done this and know a rough cost?

Secondly, we cannot seem to get CarPlay to work. As I understand it all facelift cars have it, there is also a section for it in the digital owners manual thing and the second USB port has the different symbol with the phone and tablet on, but it doesn’t pop up when she plugs her phone in. Nor does it appear if you go into Tel and then click Tel again. Any ideas, does it need to be activated or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you don’t have cruise control?
Do you not have the stalk?

Also, carplay is an option. You may have smartphone integration but this doesn’t necessarily mean you have carplay.

Are you sure you don’t have cruise control?
Do you not have the stalk?

Nope, just the indicator stalk, nothing below it. Couldn’t quite believe it either!

Reactions: Ted
Sounds like cost cutting. Even our old base spec manual r170 had it!

Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is a cost option at build/order time. Its not standard.

If the car is a manual then cruise is also a cost option.

Both can be retrofitted. Email me the full vin number to [email protected] with a brief description and I will quote you.

Morning all. My wife picked up a 16 plate (production date 29/03/16) Facelift A250 AMG Premium yesterday. Initial impressions are very good, she had an A200 for a bit a couple of years ago and this feels like a decent step up.

However, couple of initial queries. It doesn’t have cruise control. I find it very odd that a 2016 car near the top of the range doesn’t have it as standard but there we are. She does use it quite a lot so is it possible to have it retrofitted? Anyone done this and know a rough cost?

Secondly, we cannot seem to get CarPlay to work. As I understand it all facelift cars have it, there is also a section for it in the digital owners manual thing and the second USB port has the different symbol with the phone and tablet on, but it doesn’t pop up when she plugs her phone in. Nor does it appear if you go into Tel and then click Tel again. Any ideas, does it need to be activated or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi JDB96,

When i got mine i had the same issue with apple carplay. I had to go into the options menu on the radio while my phone was plugged in and then pressed Apple carplay and clicked 'Automatically' and then it started to auto connect everytime i plugged it in. i have the 2017 facelift model. Hope this works for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom