W176 intake air leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robinsa

Car
c350 and a200
Hi all
I have a year old A200 W176 which I bought as a insurance right off .It had only bodywork damage ,but nothing wrong with the motor .It has been running fine for 3000kms now since the accident (tot 11 450kms ) but has always been down on power .The turbo doesnt seem to be kicking in .I had the agents do a quick test on the car computer and it has the code p22797a leak in the air intake system .
I have checked the following
1 intercooler and associated pipes for leaks -all ok
2 checked manifold for security and leaks -all ok
3 checked turbo ,looks like new inside .Minimal play and clean
4 Android/wastegate shaft not moving .I put o blob of grease on it and took it for a drive .shaft is free

Everything is new around the motor
There is a larger pipe which joins the oil air / separator and the intake pipe .When I remove it from the intake pre turbo ,it sucks quite a bit .The oil air seperator is also connected to the intake manifold via a electronic valve .Im wondering if this could be stuck open

Does any one know these new m270 motors .The vehicle is booked in next week for this to be rectified but it doesn't have factory warranty any more and I would like to fix it myself.

Please help!!!!
ps Im in Cape Town South Africa .This model is still quite new here so not much expertise

Your car will have the extremely complex direct injection CAMTRONIC M270 1600CC petrol engine for which there is very little current information- I got this via a Greek translation altho there there may be better explanations out there?
https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...enz-a-class-2013-the-drive-system/&edit-text=

Its possible your diagnostic system is reporting a mixture error but ascribing it to the wrong fault- i.e. an airleak

HERE are two EXPLANATION VIDEOS OF CAMTRONIC
[YOUTUBE HD]3FHE4XTHpLI#t=27[/YOUTUBE HD]
[YOUTUBE HD]CPQbJ_sZUsk[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom