W201 Fuse Upgrade to Blade Fuses.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foxint

Car
W201 1989 2.6
Hi Guys,

I am a new old bloke who as been reading for a while and now would like to ask a question if that is OK.

I live in the Aussie Bush (Orange) with 2 of my 3 daughters, 2 poodles, 2 W201 2.6 a W123 (inherited from my dead dad) and a Porsche 928. All in need of care. Now my wife has run away with another bloke, taken my youngest, I am now left to contemplate, how much will the lawyers take from me. They law is not just, or the moral high ground would have been on benefit.

I am now trying to stay positive by focusing on my daughters my cars and my business (OWC Watches)…. Ha-ha. I think that is the right order.

Please do not shoot me down in flames as I understand the Ceramic Fuses are well liked in some quarters. Here down under we have a different view of these fuses and prefer the blade fuses.

I know the Porsche People have kits for converting your small bumper 911 to blade fuses.

Has anyone done or know how to convert a W201 to blade fuses? I did read that the W202 and later cars have blade fuses and possibly a W202 into a W201 may be the way to go. The car heathens here in the bush, think that a Volvo is exotic and they only cars they can fix are late model Toyota's.

I did leave a comment on another form and that killed the thread.

If the divorce lawyer gets too aggressive, I will have to sell the cars. But while I still have them….

Crossing fingers this thread is not seen as the work of the devil…

D
Orange AU.

If it ain't broke--don't fix it -- seems apposite -- never heard of anyone doing this conversion or kits for it sorry

Hi Mate,

It is sort of broken. The fuse for the heater fan and A/c keeps blowing. It is on an outboard 2-fuse holder just in front of the main fuse box. The contacts are old, fatigued and not connecting properly.

My thought was to replace this with a blade fuse holder. If it does not blow, I have fixed it, if it continues to blow, I will have to investigate further.

Then my mind just took off…. I am a bit (a lot) OCD, and the blade fuses are far neater.

Just thought I would ask.

I am really enjoying the car. I have only had it for 5 months, having sold my first W201 2.6 15 years ago, when fitting 2 baby seats in the back was difficult.

D
Orange AU

Mate…as you know one thing leads to another. My great grandfather on my mother’s side came from Perth Scotland….

I hope that settles my enthusiasm. I am putting in new spark plugs tomorrow. We will see. For an old car with 224,000km with no service history, it is a marvel.

Thank you.

I am off to make some dinner. I gave the girls KFC earlier - not my cuppa tea, whatever the Colonel puts in the chicken (if it is really chicken) makes me sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom