w201 mercedes 190e 2.5 16v gearbox conversion help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trickk123

Car
mercedes 190e 2.5 16v
hi im new to this forum.
i own a merc 190e 2.5 cosworth automatic, but i woul like to convert it to manual dogleg gearbox.
my question is : has anyone done something like that which parts would i need what problems i might find and maybie post numbers contacts to people who got parts or are breaking this model (2.3 16v or 2.5 16v)
many thanks

I'm sure Will will be along shortly to help. He is a wealth of knowledge on 190 cosworths

Apart from the gearbox :doh: you'll need the matching gearchange turret and rods, the flywheel and clutch + hydraulics + piping, clutch type pedal box, crossmember, front propshaft half

Are the dif ratios the same on the manual and auto cars?

do you now people who selling parts to mercedes 190e 2.3 16v or 2.5 16v bicouse im after dogleg gearbox if you now someone or brakers please for tel numbers or adress,thank you for reading and replays

My original automatic gearbox on 190e 2.5 16v starts slips on reverse
and dont feel fun and torqu from the automatic gearbox so thinking
istead repering the automatic i could put the manual dogleg

Diff ratio is different.
You need to find someone breaking a 2.5-16v and buy the whole kit from them or you will be searching for a long time to collect all the pieces.

Apart from the gearbox :doh: you'll need the matching gearchange turret and rods, the flywheel and clutch + hydraulics + piping, clutch type pedal box, crossmember, front propshaft half

Also allow for re-bushing the gear linkage and a set of bearings for the box, as odds on the lay shaft bearing will be noisy, common fault on higher mileage boxes but not a must to do, just annoying.

Ok, maybe i'm getting confused as it's been a while and I never owned a 2.5-16v just 2 x 2.3-16v's

My 1991 2.6 Auto definitely had a 3.07 in it and i'm sure my 19/7 2.3-16v had a 3.27. But none of this is relevant to the thread anyway!

Hi message to WILL with Amg bage i was reading your ad i was wondering do you have manual dogleg gearbox to mercedes 190e 16v,or any of mercedes fans or brakers reading this ad have manual dogleg gearbox to mercedes 190e 16v please get in toutch with telephone number,thank you for reading and hope i have some replay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom