W201 pre facelift body kit wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

360CE

Car
1987 190E 2.6 & 1985 w123 230ce
Greetings all.
I’m looking for a body kit for my 1987 pre facelift 190e 2.6
What options do I have and does anyone have something available to sell or coming up?
Here’s a picture of my recently purchased w201.

Cheers

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks perfect just as it is imho, but each to their own. Original 16 valve kits seem to command prices north of £2,000 second hand. Personally i would avoid the kit and invest instead in a nice set of 16" 15 hole evo 1 alloys, found on early r129 sl's, which look fantastic on w201's.

Looks perfect just as it is imho, but each to their own. Original 16 valve kits seem to command prices north of £2,000 second hand. Personally i would avoid the kit and invest instead in a nice set of 16" 15 hole evo 1 alloys, found on early r129 sl's, which look fantastic on w201's.
16” R129 wheels look okay, but they detract dynamically. Heavier, softer cast alloy compared to a set of sport line/16v wheels (forged)

I’d also be tempted to leave the body kit but it’s a personal choice I guess. Expect it would be quite difficult to find these days but the wheels are Lorinser (?) so might be an option if you are keen to keep those :thumb:

16” R129 wheels look okay, but they detract dynamically. Heavier, softer cast alloy compared to a set of sport line/16v wheels (forged)

I’d also be tempted to leave the body kit but it’s a personal choice I guess. Expect it would be quite difficult to find these days but the wheels are Lorinser (?) so might be an option if you are keen to keep those :thumb:
That is interesting. I seem to recall some early r170 slk's were fitted with lightweight 7 spoke polished alloys as standard. Made by Fuchs possibly?

That is interesting. I seem to recall some early r170 slk's were fitted with lightweight 7 spoke polished alloys as standard. Made by Fuchs possibly?
Correct, they were known as Toliman (sp?) or similar. I also believe a similar wheel was also fitted to some base model 211 E-class too.

Thanks both. I agree not necessary to fit a kit, she’s already beautiful.
I am however partial to an AMG kit. I think it would really suit the petrol green paint.
Lorinser kit is another good option, that I’d certainly consider.

What’s out there though 🤔🤔

Thanks both. I agree not necessary to fit a kit, she’s already beautiful.
I am however partial to an AMG kit. I think it would really suit the petrol green paint.
Lorinser kit is another good option, that I’d certainly consider.

What’s out there though 🤔🤔
Greddy's rocket bunny kit is one extreme example. For replica evo1 & evo2 original kits search rallybodykits.com.

They are all very expensive for some reason? Maybe made to order as so few people buy them.

Greetings all.
I’m looking for a body kit for my 1987 pre facelift 190e 2.6
What options do I have and does anyone have something available to sell or coming up?
Here’s a picture of my recently purchased w201.

Cheers

View attachment 147017
Listen those mono blocks you already have on are fire mate. I wouldn’t go for the whole gangster body kit but a few modest front and back spoiler with side skirts… job done, nice car

Yeah, I’m only wanting something subtle.
Pretty much narrowed down to the AMG (gen 2) kit.
If any has one or knows of one please let me know.

GLWT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom