W201 vac pipe going nowhere behind speedo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vandeo

Car
Mercedes 190d
Hello everybody!
I'm a proud owner of w201 190d (2,0)
I had a problem with a heating matrix and when I tried to put everything back in place, behind speedometer, I realized to have a black vac pipe loose and has no place to connect. I checked light switch, has two pipes already, heating switches, also two pipes, ignition, two pipes - checked, but have nowhere to connect black pipe (it goes towards speedo from engine and it is about 25cm long. Inside engine compartment, it runs near near glow plugs relay and goes below engine, can't see where.
Please help!:crazy::dk:

Or, if anybody have a vac diagram for w201 601?
Thanks in advance

Have you got an economy meter? these are vacuum operated,plugs into instrument cluster,or it could be for the ignition barrel.hope this helps

regards martyz.

I don't have an economy meter, or tachometer. Now that You mentioned it, I guess that it is from speedo somewhere, for something, it has a lenght to reach speedo from behind, but I relly can't figure it out.

Last edited:
Don't the Diesel ones have a vacuum pipe to the ignition switch ?

IIRC this is how the engine is stopped ?

You are right. But there are already two pipes conected to ignition... two to light, and two to hetaer matrix switch.

Solution to ghost vacuum tube is that black tube has to be loose behind speedo, it is from choke nozzle air intake or whatever is called. But, it should be loose and not conected to anythning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom