W202 15 slot alloy

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by brucemillar, Oct 24, 2011.

1. brucemillar

brucemillar MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    Folks

Due to an eBay disaster I have a need for a single W202 15" 15 hole alloy in good condition. I bought a mint set of five and couriers have lost two.

Cheers

Bruce

2. DRBC43AMG

DRBC43AMG MB Enthusiast

Switzerland, Sion (VS), the canton of mountains, w
    Car:
    99' C43 AMG "T Rex", 00' Renault Twingo1, Ultima Sports Can-Am
    So which bxxxrd at the courriers drives a w202 and has 2 new wheels ;)

3. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    Well it was YODEL yes YODEL that is YODEL Couriers. They lost the wheels & tyres. They then spent two weeks not returning my calls or emails enquiring as to where YODEL had the wheels. YODEL are 100% useless. The seller could get no joy out of them. Then, out of the blue YODEL arrived at my front door. "We have your wheels" explained the driver! There (in front of me) they were, all packaged up and addressed to me. They big give away for me was the other label on the box. This was from usedcaralloys.com and bore the proud legend TWO BMW WHEELS.

With the now dejected YODEL van driver in attendance I call usedcaralloys.com (their telephone number and address were on the other shipping label attached to the boxes) and asked them if they had by any chance lost two BMY alloys. Yes explained the excited chap. YODEL lost them three weeks ago I have had to refund my customer for them.

Well, I was able to tell him that YODEL had now found his wheels and that they were at my house. You see these caring people at YODEL went to their lost wheel warehouse. Picked up the first two wheels they could find. Repackaged them and sent them to me. What a thoughtful bunch of people YODEL are.

Alas usedcaralloys.com did not have my W202 wheels. Neither does the seller. YODEL does!! but cannot find them. You see two huge big wheels with tyres on them are very easily lost on 150 mile journey. Perhaps they are in the drivers back pocket? maybe down the back of his seat. Who knows it is all a big mystery to YODEL.

The seller was so mad he refunded my money and told me to keep the three wheels I did receive from YODEL.

As I do not have a Robin Reliant they are of no use unless I can source a fourth wheel.

FYI: usedcaralloys explained that this was not the first set of wheels YODEL had lost for them (remember they were not lost, they were at my house).

So if one day a YODEL driver arrives at your house seeking shelter from angry lost wheel sellers. Invite him/her in. Make them tea. Search their van and see if you can find my missing wheels.

YODEL = YOKEL = MOBILE IDIOTS

Oh yes. Do not at any point ever consider attempting to call YODEL to voice your dissatisfaction. Also do not attempt to do this on their web-site. Your call is important to us and we are putting you into a huge queue, with other dissatisfied customers until you grow tired of waiting or die from a brain tumor brought on by holding the phone to your head for hours on end. Assuming you have the patience of a saint and are not dead we will answer. "you have come through to the wrong department". Who is it you want to speak to? Do you have their extension? Do you know their name? OK I'm transferring you to claims now. This is a coded message that actually means we going to cut you off and you will have to start all this process again. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppp.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  4. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    Oops not sure if I mentioned this.

It was YODEL who lost the wheels and could not be bothered to help out. So that is YODEL the couriers. They have in their advertising big green pristine vans with YODEL on the side. Reality is very different. No sign saying YODEL on the YODEL vans that I saw coming from Yodel.

5. DRBC43AMG

DRBC43AMG MB Enthusiast

Switzerland, Sion (VS), the canton of mountains, w
    Car:
    99' C43 AMG "T Rex", 00' Renault Twingo1, Ultima Sports Can-Am
    :eek: :crazy::wallbash::doh: I hope to never have to go through an experience like that. Sounds something like the financial "genius" who promises the client a fantastic ROI on money investments. Works for the first client but pays using money from another poor critter who will never get paid in the end...

6. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    Well it makes you want to YODEL. That is YODEL the couriers not to be confused with FOGEL the TV presenter or strange noises that Swiss folks make when up in the mountains. Nope definately YODEL the Couriers.

1 person likes this.
  7. BaldGuy

BaldGuy MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Cayenne Turbo + 911 + GS430 Sport
    You been drinking Bruce?

8. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    After dealing with YODEL you need a drink. Customer service at it's very worst. No apology, nothing. I am tempted to call in the police as I do consider it theft. But the seller did not want that to happen.

9. BaldGuy

BaldGuy MB Enthusiast

Car:
    so in light of that comment then.... did the seller send them all after all?

10. nick mercedes

nick mercedes MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Ford Expedition
    Have you got a photo of the wheel you need?

11. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    Oh yes he sent them ok. He was very helpful and wanted it all sorted out. He did not want the Police due to the hassle. He offered a full refund and has also tried to find me another wheel.

I do still need a wheel if anybody has one?

12. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    Here you go..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  13. nick mercedes

Car:
    Ford Expedition
    That's a 124 wheel?

What size are they?

14. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:

Nick

The 202's and the 124 look almost identical. Hence why I bought this set of 202's to replace my 124's. The 202's have bigger holes and more raised spokes.

It is the 202's I need and these are 15 inch.

15. BaldGuy

BaldGuy MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Doh!! did wonder why you were saying W202 and not W124.... W202's never came with those rims unless anyone can tell me otherwise...

16. d w124

d w124 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
    Bruce:As Nick says that's not a 202 wheel,124 and 107s as well as 126s I think had them on 15s

17. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    Gents

The wheels I bought (same as the one in the pic) were advertised as 202/124/126 15" Mercedes alloys. When they arrived it is apparent that they are very slightly and subtly different from the origonal wheels that are on my 124. The ones on my 124 are almost flat with not real raise on the "spoked / hole" part of the rim. These ones have a definate (as in the pic) slight raise in the spoke.

Anyway all of that said. To make a complete set I need one like the one in the pic.

I hope that is clear.

18. nick mercedes

Car:
    Ford Expedition
    2 styles, innit:

124 wheels | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Plus various widths 7j and 6.5j, which is why you need to have a look at the back of them and see if what size they are and if they are original MB wheels or copies.

19. OP
    OP
    brucemillar

Car:
    Nick

The one on the left of your picture is what I need. The one on the right is what is on the car.

Required:

6.5 x 15 et 48

Hope that this helps.

Bruce

20. nick mercedes

Car:
    Ford Expedition
    That's the same as the left one, it's off a '92 300E, I should have new and used ones of those.

Tags: