W202 1997 C240 Indicator Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Letitride

Hello Everyone.
This is my first post and hope that you can help me solve a weird problem with my indicators.
The indicators will not function with the engine running. They will function with the ignition on and the hazard warning operates the lights okay.

I have checked the fuses under the bonnet near the bulkhead and removed each relay, in turn, from under the cover adjacent to the fusebox. The fault still occured and all other fuctions worked as previously mentioned.

Just to confuse the issue even more if the indicator stalk is set to operate on engine start up then it will for a couple of seconds before 'stuttering' then go off.

I would welcome some help with this and hope I have come to the right place. I would be grateful for all your knowledgeable help.

I use the car in conjunction with my work so hope to sort it out very soon and it is getting too cold to start putting my arm out the window!!

Many Thanks

Paul

You say you've checked the fuses & relays,but did you clean the contacts,they are notorious for being the cause of many an electrical problem.

Hello and thank you for your very quick response!

I have not cleaned the contacts of the relays yet. I believe the small black oblong relay is for the horn, the green one is sealed, which leaves me with one square black one , nearest the bulkhead and 2 yellow ones. Do you know which one I should concentrate on? Thank you for your help.

Hello again.

I have cleaned all the relay contacts available and the problem still persists.

The only remaining relay in the box is the sealed green oblong one.

Does anyone know what this one is and could it be responsible for my problem?

Thanks again

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom