W202 2000 C280 Central Locking Prob.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grahamcol

Car
2007 CLK 220 and 2001 SLK230
Left my car unused for about 4 weeks. Started it up today and all's well except for the central locking. When I press the lock button on the remote the car will lock, but then straightaway the interior lights come on and the indicators flash rapidly. The alarm doesn't sound during this. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins which appears to help until the car is next driven when the problem occurs again. It was fine before being left for 4 weeks. Help please as I can't use the car and park it anywhere.

had this problem before,turned out to be a door module causing a CAN bus problem

Update

Just noticed that once it's acted as I originally posted, if I then unlock via the remote without opening a door, the front interior lights will immediately go out but the rear roof light remains on until I open the drivers door. Very odd.

Just a thought but have tried going for a long drive to charge the battery and possibly changing the batteries on the remote. Cheap and easy way of ruling out these factors.

Nik

Yes Nik, I've even put another (fully charged) battery on and tried locking using the "spare" electronic key. Still the same. I've also noticed that if I manually lock the drivers door and then unlock it (using the metal key blade to do both operations) the alarm will go off as soon as I open the door. This surprises me as I didn't think the alarm was operational unless the car's locked using the remote key button. I'm forming the opinion this is really an alarm problem rather than central locking and I think I will have to contact my indie this morning to see whether he can fix. Mybe putting on star will show where the problem lies ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom