W202 220 CDI low performance...MAP sensor???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ardisulo

Car
w202 220 CDI
Greetings to all of you!

Thanks in advance for the help and sharing all your knowledge as car enthusiasts!

I had many strange problems with this car since I bought it 5 years ago. At first was a second thermostat, located at the Oil/Fuel cooling radiator, which stayed open all the time, thus not allowing the car to go to its predefined temperature.
After fixing it myself (after using it like this for 3 years), I did some thorough inspecting realizing another strange problem.
So my problem is whenever I make a trip which involves high altitude roads (or slope roads, with about 800meter above sea level), the car starts acting weird.
When I am at about 2000rpm or ~90km/h I feel a deceleration and of course I press the gas pedal. The car starts emitting black smoke (as much as I can see it), and it doesn’t accelerate. Due to this I must switch gears and accelerate to higher rpm to get a better acceleration at 5th gear…o_O
This problem seems to be more linkely to happen when I feel a difference in air pressure outside…that’s when it starts acting like this. Also, when it is cold, or after raining the car seems to go faster and as it should, but when it is warm or hot climate I do feel a slight decrease in performance.:wallbash:
Something that may be linked to the problem is that when I accelerate and change gears to 3rd, 4th or 5th the car stumbles for a second and starts accelerating.

1. I did a check with a Mercedes Benz Star diagnostic, and nothing came out.
  2. The MAF is new, bought an original Bosch.
  3. The injector test came out well, also leak test.
  4. Lately I did a total removal and cleaning of EGR valve and air intake manifold.
  5. The actuator valve for Turbo and EGR seem to work (I do see movement).

The MAP doesn’t register any fault or error codes. I did a test with multimeter by checking it’s voltage and it is 1.4v on idle, and it goes up to 3.6 on acceleration. But when I decelerate it should go at 0.8-.06 volts (due to the engine sucking air in the air intake manifold).:dk:

So my question is, has anyone experience anything like this? Maybe a non performing well MAP sensor that doesn’t through any codes???

My car is manual and it doesn’t have any problems like clutch disk slipping…

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom