W202 250TD Glow Plug Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

86Jake

Car
C250 TD Sport
Hi,

For the past 2 days when I start it up the glow plug light comes on and goes off as normal then I start it, it's a little rough the glow plug light comes back on then with in 30 seconds or so the light goes off and it runs better, Does anyone have an idea of what it is ?

Thanks

Jake

Usually indicative of a failed glow plug, could be more than one though so always best to do a continuity test on all of them before you get replacements.

I'm having an issue finding the glow plug replay as in the haynes manual and you tube and on line write ups I's in different places and so far I cannot find it? any help? Thanks

Usually on the top of the nearside front wing, the giveaway is the big (usually red) power lead going to it and you should be able to see the leads going away from it to the glowplugs, although this is difficult on mine. HTH

Yes I seem to be unable to find it for some reason? from what the light is doing i think its the relay thats gone but i cant find it to test

can someone put a pic up of where there's is? as i could do with finding it :)

you have a failing glow plug.

Mercedes Diesel Glow Plug Repair

i did all mine at the weekend... all 6 were stuck in and had to work hard to get them out without snapping!!!! alll required pulling carefully out with mole grips once unscrewed past the thread. the 6th one was the worst - hard to unscrew and then wouldnt come out at all. i had to run the car with it loose and then it pushed out under pressure.

good luck.

I can't pm on here yet with my email address can you post on here?

I have that guide already but I cannot find the relay to test which if any have failed without fiding the relay first :)

Thanks

Jake

you should be able to PM now, you have 31 posts:thumb:

here....

Attachments

• piccc.jpg
    piccc.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 59
black box by washer bottle?....
I'm sure when i cracked the lid off there was just wires passing through to under the washer bottle and no relay?

It doesnt look like in the "guide" either? is it under the washer bottle or something?

I have a very vague feeling that the one on my C220D was under the washer bottle ..... although the email I just sent you seems to indicate differently! Surely it can't be that well hidden.

Ive just had a look at my engine, it would seem that it is under the thinner part of the washer bottle.

Hope that helps

take the washer bottle out and you will see it.... little black box. take the lid off and there is a 6 pin connector underneath. yours will have 5 pins (5 cyl) and you can test it with a multimeter.

but you'll have to take the manifold off to do the glowplugs.....

It's under the washer bottle :), someone must have known from the beginning - plugs and relay tested I've got 2 plugs down, new set ordered for £30 delivered :) I'll keep you all posted if this fixes it as i hope it should :)

On mine it's under the windscreed washer bottle remove that and there in a box there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom