w202 250tdi manual estate project..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

octainejunkee

SUPPORTER
Car
c32 amg estate c43 amg estate a45 amg
Hi guys,
Im unsure who to ask, so hope this works,,,

For a giggle, i'm throwing some time and energy towards my w202 250td (manual) dog wagon.
I need some direction/guidence etc
Its been re-maped and has a few tweeks fitted by the previous owner,
I'm after the c43 amg brake set up front and rear, (what size wheels will be the smallesti can run these with as i'm after a stealth look).

I've got a gt28r turbo spare, along with a big intercooler induction kit etc.
the previous owner reckons it would be a direct replacement but i thought i would ask the experts before i got the spanners out and had a look.
Who's the best place to get to do the re map and any fabrication work done in the south east?

Its only a bit of fun i use to take the dogs out in,
The plan is to keep it looking standard,
Ive bought some 16" AMG alloys and 20mm wheel spacers.
I plan to run spacers and roll the arch's otherwise all the mods will be engine related-
Its a 100k mile 2 previous owner car so should be strong..whats the furthest anyone has bothered to go with one of these,
cheers Jamie

firstly make sure the wheel spacers are hubcentric, if not throw em away :)
i have a c250td myself with the 175bhp remap.. my winter project was to fit a larger fmic too.. good luck with the mods, will be interested to see if you fit the different turbo as am looking at doing this myself at sometime. isnt the gt28r a different base attachment on it to the standard gt25c thats already fitted or is it the same..!!

Hi,
I think you will need to fit 17" wheels to clear the 43 AMG Brakes.

Rather than a brake upgrade, which may actually reduce braking balance and efficiency, fit the engine mods then ensure the original brakes are working properly and add cooling ducting to keep them cool if used in anger.

Hubcentric wheel spacers and long wheel nuts are on the way-
I'm ordering a spare downpipe and manifold so we can mock up the gt28r fitment before getting started.
I've got a few standard intercoolers from my other cars including a BMW 1M, various Evo's and a huge fmic from a Pulsar GTIR along with loads of hardpipes and silicone pipes.
I should make something fit,
As for the brakes, i feel it will definatly require bigger discs and multi piston calipers to slow the heavy old bus down, if i have to get a set of c43 alloys then so be it, but i'm trying to keep it looking standard,
Ive been told i will need to get the fuel pump modified to run the power the turbo will produce so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great?
Has anyone on here done anything similar with their 250td?

cheers Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom