W202 2ltrs 4 cylinders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyjester900

Car
C200 W202
I love my car i really do.

But lets be honest it is very slow, i have been dreaming of upgrading to a
C36 or 43 but can not afford to do so just yet.....

Are there any engine mods that i can do to my car to make it any faster...

Cheers

be interested to hear what comes up..

Brad

Really nothing comes to mind that's cheap since most modern engines are pretty well developed power wise. With turbocharged diesels its easy with a remap/ box but the cost benefit/power increase ratio on petrols isn't worth it IMHO. With kompressor engines a remap with a change in pulley size can give a useful increase in power but is not applicable to normal induction engines. The cheapest and nastiest is Nitrous Injection which can yield a big power increase but is only suitable for very short power bursts of acceleration. Even then you are probably risking an engine blow up without extensive engine strengthening. Don't know what its like in OZ but insurance companies don't like it!!

i think NOS is illegal in AUS.

yeh didn't think so,
anyway that idea's gone my car is stuffed now after a rock fell off a truck!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You OK? Not sure how the insurance is fixed up over there but could this be a blessing in disguise?

Hi
Why not get a 230 kompressor, i have one and they give a very satisfying turn of speed with excellent flexibility, they give good mpg. and in the uk are cheap to buy and insure.

I was looking on a merc breakers site the other evening at a 230 kompressor engine for literally peanuts. For those of us who wouldn't want to part with our pride and joy and more money than sense, what would be involved in an engine transplant? I know obviously the lump, ecu and an upgrade of the brakes but what else would it entail?

Appologies if any of my posts don't make too much sense but I suffer from MS and sometimes what I want to say doesn't come out correctly.

The thing u have to understand is, when breakers are selling forced induction engines they will almost NEVER sell you the supercharger/turbo with its components, like the intercooler and the piping etc, which leaves you with the hassle of having to source a good supercharger/turbo which is suitable for the car and fitting it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom