W202 (93-97 Model) Electrical issue- Bit wierd!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siddharth_j

Car
C-Class (W202)
Hello all,
Lately I have a strange kind of electrical fault with my car. I will try to explain the problem, the best I can and hopefully, pros in this forum can help me out!!
Here it goes:

Car Model: C-Class W202 93-97 Model (Elegance Trim)
NOTE: The comfort controller unit is in the boot behind the batteries along with the spare wheels!!

> The problem is related to SRS warning light and electric windows from my point of view.
> The strange bit is the system is bit slow to switch on!!
> Normally when you turn the ignition to start position you get all the lights including SRS should come up and go off once the engine is started, anyways that's my concept.
> BUT NOW IT DOESN'T!!! The ABS light comes on and goes off once the engine is started but NO SRS LIGHT.
> NOW for the interesting part. Once the engine is started and the car is running, like after 2-4 min (It varies and sometimes never!!) the SRS lamp comes on goes off after few seconds :crazy:
> NOW for the biggy, As long as this SRS lamp doesn't show-up, none of the electrical windows work!!:wallbash:

> More on the electrical windows .... The electrical windows won't work unless the SRS light comes on and then goes off. So there are times when I can't operate the windows at all.

> The ONLY SOLUTION TO WINDOWS PROBLEM is to open either of the front doors and the operate the switches and then every windows work, CLOSE THE DOORS and nothing works :doh:

Hope you all who read it had fun on my expense :D BUt I would seriously be grateful if any one could help me with a solution and isolate the system responsible for this headache without me ending up with a hole in the pocket :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading through....

Welcome to the forum. And sorry you are having trouble with your 202. Basically a very good car.
One of the technical types will be along soon to assist you.

Try disconnecting the rear window motors. They can play havoc with the CAN system on a 202

Try disconnecting the rear window motors. They can play havoc with the CAN system on a 202

I came across this solution for people with electric window problems before, but in my case all windows work when either of the front doors are open and there is also this SRS lamp which is associated with the trouble.

But if still BlackC55 and others think it is a good idea to disconnect the rear motor, then which one? (or both?)

I was holding back as the procedure to remove the door panels looked tricky and didn't wanted to go through unless absolutely sure!!! :)

Siddharth mate, where are you in the country, if necessary a willing fellow member will give you a hand. I think BlackC55 meant disconnect both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom