w202 alarm /immobilser..again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pimpmyc250td

Car
c250tdw202
Hello

have 97 w202 with a sungle button key fob that works but no key for the key switch which is under the glovebbox, eg the cover you have to remove to get at the blower / pollen filter.

stickers in back windows say this car is fitted with a mercedes approved alarm system. and its got jazzy lights on the rear view mirror, when i lock the car by key fob transmitter, 3 flashes from the indicators..and locking an unlocking behaves as it should, cannot trigger the alarm, so i guess its been switched off at some point prior to my ownership...

1. what is they key switch under the glovebox - alarm or immobilser?

2. I would like to replace the keyswitch with a new key switch that comes with a new key...anybody know where i can get one thats suitable

3. if i cut the wires to the key switch ( think there are 3) will i immobilse myself...

4 if i do number 3 and i do immobilse myself - how do i override the immobilser (other than calling out the AA)..

thanks in advance..ps read many posts ... but got very confused with the variants between models and alarm types..

thanks in advance

i know this completely off topic and i have no idea about the alarm lol but i havnt been able to find how to post a question or topic lol???

That doesn't sound standard to me - never heard a keyswitch mentioned before.

But if you can take the key switch out and take it to your local key cutting place they may be able to cut you one (I have done for a couple of locks - can't recall the exact process, but if they can see the levers they use a series of feelers to get the depth of cut needed for each lever, then cut the key to match - sounds laborious but doesn't take long - I waited and watched).

yes that looks exactly like mine... just dont have the keys....even the keyswitch wires are the same...

so both those key are for the alarm not the immobilser...

Last edited:
mmm.. posh key indicates it does more than a traditional key... (puts wire cutters away)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom