W202 AMG Boot badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
As one or two of you may be aware I have recently restored a W202 ;) I am normally in the de badge camp, but am toying with re badging the C43 for the originality purposes.

I am lead to believe the AMG boot lid badge is different (no further details known) to the more modern ones. Can anyone shed any light on this is, and more importantly does anyone have one they are willing to part with (along with your unicorn poo :D)

The dealer ship has just told me the part number has been superseded several times and couldn't offer the original one of that era.

The A was changed back in 2011 :)

You want the A which doesn't lean to the right. Once you see the difference, you can't unsee it.

Cheers Karl. That kinda explains why someone *undesirable* stole just the "A" and not the rest of the boot badges when it was parked up for years prior to me purchasing it! :(:mad:

Hi Abb fabulous restoration you've done there. I have an A from my 2002 CLK 430 'AMG' which has since become a CLK430 you can have if you want. It is 17 years old so has a few marks on the chrome but maybe it will do until you find a better one?

Reactions: Abb
Leave them off altogether - much better! :D

That is my normal MO Lee, I am not 100% on re badging, but for the originality of it, was leaving my options open.

Have PM'd you regarding this.

A huge thank you to forum members @a111r & @Archierust202 who both very kindly sent me boot badges in the post, completely FOC! :)

Another testament to the kindness and decency of (most :D) the members on this forum. Once again, thank you very much. :)

I recently bought a CLS with a AMG badge. Anyone know how to remove the thing without damaging the paintwork please?

My copies came off with a thin piece of plastic, really easily.

For proper adhesive, hairdryer and dental floss.

My copies came off with a thin piece of plastic, really easily.

For proper adhesive, hairdryer and dental floss.
Thanks will give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom