W202 auto box not selecting gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I couldn't ask you to do that it's a bit of a distance to diagnose someone else's car lol. I been waiting on a mate who has a diagnostic tool but now he doesn't think he can do it because he don't have the right plug. Every garage I try tells me they don't have thr right plug. I phoned Mercedes to ask how much to read the fault codes and he said it depends how long it takes. :-s. surely it takes the same time no matter what. He said they could find it in ten mins and cost £20 or I'm lookin at about £80 an hour. I just want my car back! I'm sick of using my gf's mk3 fiesta! lol

for 20-30 I go down.That covers my fuel.Also make a nice sandwich that covers my time if you change your mind

Hi,
Have you checked what was suggested in post 32, as he says if the pilot bush has been leaking it will of wicked up the wiring loom and contaminated the TCU. You should be able to remove this contamination quite easily and it rarely permanently damages the TCU, but as you are at your wits end with this fault its worth a shot.
The TCU is located behind the steel plate under the carpet in the passenger side foot well.

Last edited:
No I forgot about this. I'm hopefully gonna have a look at this tomorrow and I will get back to you

Ok well I've had a look and would you believe it I had loads of fluid! So I've cleaned the best I could using only tissue but the problem is still there. Do I just need to clean better or is it replacing time? I found my crappy OBD2 scanner thing and my adapter last night so I tried that too. But as its a cheap thing from eBay I only get P0715 with the engine Running. And with the engine off I get a pending code of P0700 p. any suggestions?

When I saw that oil I was so excited that I could clean and have it fixed lol

Oh I just searched the site for those codes and it's not good is it :-( any advice on where to go next?

Well I've officially given up on the self repair and it's off to a garage tomorrow. And I have no idea how I have managed it but I've put the bloody abs light on! Hopefully they will reset that too

Good man and sensible choice :thumb:

Well all is looking good/ not so good lol. Diagnostics come up with 16codes. They cleared it and took it for a test drive. Come back with limp mode and back to speed sensor code. So I'm looking at basically £365 to replace and fill with nice new Mercedes oil. So hopefully get the car back all fixed and running great

Well she is back and looks like she may be fixed. Total of £375 with mercedes oil. The fault codes he got were

Transmission
013 - Speed sensor N3 y3/611
065 - Control Module N15/3
109 - Speed Sensor N3 Y3/611
110 - RPM Comparison N2 to N3 implausible
116 - TR Oil temperature sensor, start lock-out Can.
118 - Rear right vehicle speed sensor traction system implausible
146 - inadmissible transmission ratio
147 - Gear implausible or transmission slipping

and then some ABS stuff.

So now all clear, and running great. Diagnostic retest shows clear so I'm happy.

Thanks to all your help though people, unless it something very simple, next time i will take your word for it and ask get a garage to replace it lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom