W202 Avantgarde grill 1999

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin.c43

Car
W202 C43
Wanted to update the front of my C43.
Cheers
Colin

Their is a guy selling on eBay a very nice grill insert I'll try and find the link I got one for my w202 and many other member have used the same one it's the look your going for.

The Ebay one is for a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Mercedes-Benz C-Class W202 (pre-facelift 1993-1997).
Will that fit my 1999 model?
[/FONT]

The Ebay one is for a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Mercedes-Benz C-Class W202 (pre-facelift 1993-1997).
Will that fit my 1999 model?
[/FONT]

I emailed the seller - this one will NOT fit.

They are the same, I have a facelift grill insert on my prefacelift C230K.

They are the same, I have a facelift grill insert on my prefacelift C230K.

Are you confident that you could take the grill off your C230K and fit it to your C43?

Suomi got the eBay one - firstly it does fit, and looks very nice, BUT - Top edge of the grill surround where it folds over to fit under the bonnet was not uniform, so the grill surround sits slightly lower on the right - tried using the rubber mallet on it to no avail, though I am sure it could be bent into shape with a vice, which I don't have.

It's on now so I will live with it, but disappointed that it wasn't perfect - shame as it was very well packaged, and look the nuts.

9d55bb9e.jpg

Have you thought of swapping the insert into the old frame it's only a few flips that slide Job done

I have, but the old frame isn't in great shape - I have emailed the seller so hopefully get another sent out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom