W202 Avantgarde Grill Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ucr

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Yes before you tell me you can get one on ebay does any one have one ?

Last edited:
Dont get the ebay ones that arent genuine, they're generally crap and the chrome comes off after a while.

What you can do, as I did the same, is buy a W210 avantgarde grille from ebay (they do come up if you bide your time) and then cut it with a dremel or similar cutting machine to the size of your original insert and then place it in the surround.

Hi,
I got an AV grill fitted to my AMG, which I got from E-Bay Germany. The AV grill was apparently available from MB for the W202, but is no longer available.
Allegedly the 210 AV grill can be cut down to fit a 202, though i can,t confirm this.
Are you looking to fit one to your 36?

Hi,
I got an AV grill fitted to my AMG, which I got from E-Bay Germany. The AV grill was apparently available from MB for the W202, but is no longer available.
Allegedly the 210 AV grill can be cut down to fit a 202, though i can,t confirm this

It can I have one fitted to my W202 which is off the road until next year.

any one got a how to on this change with the w210 grill

Ok not a howto, but its very simple:

1. Take your old grille off the car within its insert.
2. Unscrew and remove the insert from the surround being careful you dont scratch anything.
3. Take your old insert and the W210 insert and line them up to get approximate sizes using the centre chrome bar (running from top to bottom of the insert) as a reference
4. Using a dremel or similar high speed cutting tool cut away the excess parts of the w210 grille being careful that your measurements were right to begin with.
5. Test fit the newly cut W210 insert in your W202 surround and if it fits perfectly then tighten up all the screws and refit to your car.
6. Sit back and admire your workmanship

All we have to do a if a W210 grill now

Last edited:
I have an insert pre-cut that was fitted to my W202, if your interested then let me know and I will hunt the box out in the garage :)

I found the grill and a picture of it fitted to my old car. It is a original W210 part that was cut down and supplied for a W202 from the dealer! As per the above it uses the original frame.

I have PM'ed ucr as the thread started to offer first refusal, if he isn't interested then I will offer it to you dav007 :)

Attachments

• Merc, Rockinghan TOCA 002.jpg
    Merc, Rockinghan TOCA 002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom