W202 Bodywork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snubmoggy

Car
Mercedes C180 Elegance 1994
Hi,

I have a red 1994 W202 C180 Elegance. It has been part of our family since new and it is in very nice condition... expect for dreaded wheel arch rust and other patches.

One wing is really bad and probably needs replacing. Also, there are a lot of 'spots' over the general body work, some as big as 9/10 inches long where the 'laquer' has peeled off.

I was wondering if anyone had a ball park figure of how much this might be to repair?

We wanted to sell it and didn't know whether to scrap or repair. It has done 140,000 miles, 10 months MOT left too. Probably only worth few hundred quid?

If anyone has any thoughts or know a good bodywork guy near Leeds please let me know.

Thanks

I would guess £600-1000.

You seem to have had some bad luck here. The pre-facelift W202s tend not to rust that much. It may help to consider how much the car is worth to you. How much would you accept today? How much would you accept if the rust was repaired? Because if that number is much lower than the repair cost it's probably best to sell it.

Shame because they're really nice cars.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I think your right - I would probably accept £500-600 whereas I could spend hundreds on repairs and it probably wouldn't improve the valuation massively. Not to mention the time and effort.

I think I will sell it as it is, and if no buyers come forward it may have to be scrapped :-(

It is a real shame as it has been a fantastic car - no real problems in 21 years and the engine still pulls like train. Its great on the motorway and I prefer to a lot of modern cars I have driven.

Its one of the family but everything must go at some point! If only I had the space to store it, and the money to restore it...

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom