w202 - Brabus 5.8ltr...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think he's banking on the rarity a little too much, but it is pricey like

Apparantly this was being sold privately in Mercedes Enthusiast magazine quite recently for under £9k, so there could be plenty of scope for negotiation on the price... ;)

You guys mention the price, but you'll be told "find another RHD example for sale".

While pricey for a 202, I'm a sucker for rarity - And just imagine the original conversion cost :crazy:
There's also a certain appeal to a 400bhp, lower mileage, old skool estate.

Also, has anyone else noticed the lack of the usual white face dials, usually found in the instrument binnacle? They appear to be AMG though, rather than BRABUS.

Darren

Apparantly this was being sold privately in Mercedes Enthusiast magazine quite recently for under £9k, so there could be plenty of scope for negotiation on the price... ;)

Taken from their home page!!
"Avantgarde, meaning a pushing of boundaries......"
And profit margins it would seem!!!:crazy:

Also, has anyone else noticed the lack of the usual white face dials, usually found in the instrument binnacle? They appear to be AMG though, rather than BRABUS.

Darren

I can't see a photo of the instrument binnacle, if indeed they are AMG then something is wrong you will never see Brabus & AMG items or badging on a Brabus car.

Are you saying that Brabus cars are never badged as brabus's?

Or should that be Brabi!! :eek::)

The ad does state it started life as a C43 before being modified - the owner might have not opted for all of the brabus features perhaps...

You can see the cluster a little in the shots on their website:

thumbnail.aspx

I can't see a photo of the instrument binnacle, if indeed they are AMG then something is wrong you will never see Brabus & AMG items or badging on a Brabus car.

Cliff's SL55 BRABUS K8 has AMG brakes.

4759398346_64d230b668_z.jpg

Are you saying that Brabus cars are never badged as brabus's?

No exactly the opposite, Brabus cars are always badged as brabus and all other identifying marks removed. Unless you spec deletion of badge

Cliff's SL55 BRABUS K8 has AMG brakes.

If it has had a K8 performance kit fitted then it will still have the original AMG Brakes.

If it's a Brabus built K8 it will have Brabus Calipers and Brakes as in the one below.

Brabus.jpg

Brabus themselves told me any cars built buy them only carry their logo all traces of other badging or logo'd components are removed.

Not sure on how far Brabus went with the 202, but this one doesn't seem to have the 'full works', a lot of AMG bits on there still - body styling/bumpers, cluster, steering wheel etc. Is that a Brabus exhaust on it or the standard AMG fitment?

Don't get me wrong, still a bloody nice car - but not quite as many Brabus-specific items as I'd have expected :)

This car is the genuine article,I tried to buy it off the previous owner.if anybody needs anymore info I may be able to help.
P.S to much money !!!!!!!!!

What do you mean performance kit??

The K series were a series of performance kits supplied by Brabus which either Brabus would fit or the supplying dealer would fit.

My W208 has a Brabus K1s tuning kit fitted which was done at New by Brabus as well as a few other things, Brakes, exhaust then shipped to the supplying dealer in London.If Brabus do it the car is on the Brabus register and they will tell you everything they did to it down to every last nut and bolt they changed.

A K8 performance kit on an SL55 increased bhp by 33 and torque by 60Nm

Full spec attached
View attachment SL55K.pdf

This car is the genuine article,I tried to buy it off the previous owner.if anybody needs anymore info I may be able to help.
P.S to much money !!!!!!!!!

I have no doubt the engine is definitely Brabus, but the brakes don't look Brabus to me but the photo's aren't that good to be fair, also the alloys have the wrong centre caps.

Looks like a C43 with a Brabus engine Transplant and wheels, be interesting to know the reg could then check it against the Brabus register to see if they did the work.

Way Way too much money though

Last edited:
A K8 performance kit on an SL55 increased bhp by 33 and torque by 60Nm

Than he does not have a kit.His car has got Engine,body exhaust etc by Brabus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom