w202 - Brabus 5.8ltr...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Exactly what I need (total lack of self discipline), but as has already been said... £20k :eek:.

I quite like the wheels, but not the rubber bands around them. When you get to my age.....

Confused? Brabus would never send a brabus built car out with AMG brakes.

Brabus built a SL 55 K8 Roadster with the following spec:

The BRABUS K8 for the top-of-the-line SL model (SL55) comprises modifications to the supercharger drive in the form of a custom vibration damper and a new pulley for improved belt- drive geometry, high-performance metal catalysts, and an auxiliary circulation pump with opposing radiator. The power developed by the modified supercharged engine is increased from a standard 476 hp (355 kW)to 550 hp (410 kW) at 6,200 rpm. The maximum torque is 780 N·m (580 lb·ft) torque at 3,000 rpm. After the power treatment the roadster races to 60 mph (97 km/h) just 4.1 seconds, passes 120 mph (190 km/h) after exactly 13.6 seconds and reaches an electronically limited top speed 186 mph (299 km/h) with the limiter removed top speed would be well over 200 mph (320 km/h).

Every one I have ever seen has had Brabus brakes as in the photo in my earlier posts, but there could be an exception who knows
Hi Guys sorry but I have only now seen this thread, I wished I had seen this thread earlier so I could clear up a few things.
As some of you know I own a "GENUINE BRABUS SL55 K8" it was converted by Brabus in their factory in Germany, I am the second owner of this car, I have owned it for 3 years, I have checked out the history of this car prior to purchase and I have been in contact with Brabus several times during the ownership of it, the guys at Brabus know of me quite well.
The previous owner (1 owner) purchased it directly from Brabus, it was commissioned in September 2003, the previous owner selected the Mercedes options such as Panoramic Roof, Heated and Vented Seats, Distronic and much more through Brabus, the car (SL55 AMG) fitted with the selected options was then delivered to Brabus, Brabus then started to carry out their work, Besides the K8 engine conversion being fitted, the previous owner had also selected from a list of Brabus chargeable options, such as Brabus Leathered seats, Brabus Leathered Door panels, Brabus Leathered Center Console, Brabus Leathered Upper Dash, Brabus leathered Lower Dash, Brabus Leathered Rear storage, Brabus Lowering Suspension Module, Brabus 220 MPH Speedo, Brabus RPM Dial, Brabus Floor Mats, Brabus Boot Mat and more, all these options were carried out on my car, there were other options that the previous owner did go for, such as the Brabus Brakes option (£10,000) Brabus Steering Wheel and the Brabus DVD Player.
I just wanted to make things clear that there are many options that owners can select when purchasing a car directly from Brabus, certainly back in 2003. If a car was converted by Brabus to be sold later, then Brabus would normally have all of their options fitted, most of Brabus modified cars are custom converted, they don't really covert cars then have them sitting and waiting for buyers, however as previously mentioned by others Brabus do sell their K8 engine modification kits around the world, but these cars would only have the power enhancement options and possibly the Brabus Brakes option. When it comes to increased engine displacement (500 to 5.8) If IIRC this is only carried by Brabus at the Brabus factory in Germany. So the conclusion is, you can have an original Brabus without the Brabus Brakes.

Last edited:
no pics of the engine.
if you're selling something and the hook line is '5.8 brabus' then at least let us see it.

no pics of the engine.
if you're selling something and the hook line is '5.8 brabus' then at least let us see it.
Not sure if you mean me? I am not sell ing my Brabus SL55 K8, the car for sale is a Brabus C Class 5.8 L

£16K buys you a newer E55 estate with 476bhp, more toys and less rust.

more toys, less rust!

£16K buys you a newer E55 estate with 476bhp, more toys and less rust.

Tests true, but i suppose you are paying for the rarity and becoming a member of an exclusive club, also possibly in another 10 years or so it may have less depreciation than the E55 Estate! Not sure if this will be the case when it comes to custom modified cars by Brabus or others.

Brabus SL, was your car originally registered in Kent?

Has been for sale since the dawn of time.....will still be for sale in 10 years time....

Ok, I know there was a Brabus dealership/consesionaire in at Medway about that time and remember seeing one like yours, local to that area...

Actually you are right, it was purchased through Medway, the guy who owned it lived in central London in Eaton Square actually!

Has been for sale since the dawn of time.....will still be for sale in 10 years time....

I think you made the difference with that comment...

...now sold!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom