w202 c180 blank outside temperature display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cush

Car
1995 W202 C180
Hi,
New member/owner as of today and hoping I have posted this in correct section.
Car was only bought this morning and on way home along the motorway I noticed the digital bit under the temp gauge was blank and that the petrol gauge was jumping about from empty to half ect.
After a quick read on here I will try the auto stop filling at the pump for a few weeks and see if petrol gauge cures itself like some have.
Then I see that the digital bit should show the outside temp but mine shows nothing it is completely blank.
Is there a sensor I can check for tomorrow ? Could both problems be related,maybe a broken wire, fuse or something.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

It’s very likely you don’t have one fitted, the were an optional extra on the 1995 models.

Dec

Hi
The fuel gauge sender units fitted in the early 202s crud up when supermarket fuel is used if you dose up the next tank of fuel with a good quality fuel additive and use branded fuel it should sort it out, it did on mine. If you look on the inside of the fuel filler cap you may find it should run on super plus unleaded not unleaded fuel.
The temp. display was an optional extra so you may find it was never fitted, but the sensor failing can also make the display dead as you are describing. To find out whether your car had the temp. display you need to look at your cars data card.

Cheers, just had a look at the data card and looks like it comes without the temp display.
No worries just hate the thought that the blank display should work lol
I will try the additive and better fuel and see how we go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom