w202 C180 error code worrying me??!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Evil_Stewie

Car
Mercedes Benz C180
Hi Guys,

I replaced the gearbox back in March on my C180 1997 (P) but the replacement (used) gearbox also suffers from the same symptoms going up hills, stressing the engine to about 3-4k revs and only reaching 20-25mph! Not really bothers me on the whole as it drives okay other but as I live on a hill its not something I look forward to when returning from my travels. Thus I had some spare time and took it to my mates garage and his Launch x41 diagnostic machine threw up an error to the affect of

' .....Altitude electronics.... intermittent (Or something to this affect).

He seems to think its time to look for another motor as it appears the ECU maybe on its way out as the signals are being disturbed now and again?? I have not suffered from any issues other than the stress of going up hills or going a bit too quick off the mark and the gear sticking a bit before changing (not often). But he says the cost or replacing the ECU is not economically viable.

Any clues, I rather not look for another motor this is still operational, but if he is right, then is it a matter of time before I start to experience serious faults??

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom