w202 c200 espirit front springs - were these lowered?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnybravo

Car
w202 c200, fully loaded :)
hi guys
my front drivers side spring is broken. before replacing it i want to know were these the sportline shocks or normal w202? my c200 espirit is on a T99 and appears to sit lower than normal elegance and classic models.

which springs/part numbers do i need and should i replace both fronts or just the one that is broken? thanks

Don't think they did Sportline versions of the W202 , only the w124 and w201.

the springs are definately different to elegance and classic models which ride higher. just need to know what part it is as the standard w202 springs wont fit.

Order the springs from your VIN number whereever you choose to buy them. Then they will be right.

Last edited:
The Esprit had slightly lowered suspension as standard compared to the Classic and Elegance. Replace both springs is my advice --keeps the car handling "balanced" --the other one is likely to break shortly anyway. Use the VIN as Howard suggested.

Order the springs from your VIN.

When you go to the dealer , give them your VIN , they will look up on the EPC what was fitted to your car , that way you are guaranteed the correct parts will be supplied.

Well , the part numbers will do you no good if you are ordering pattern parts.

If you are buying pattern bits , you will still need to supply your VIN to the parts supplier .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom