W202 C200 loss of power!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

-speedie-

Car
C200 Elegance w202
Hi All!

I have a SERIOUS lack of power in my C200
She is a manual, 2lt petrol, no a/c, non turbo

Normally I could take of sharp enough at traffic lights, and changing up gears it would just whizz on!:rock:

Problem now is its slower and hesitates when you change gear...and rubbish at going up hill! :wallbash:

I have owned the car for 4 years and don't know what to do so any help would be great!

Thanks
-speedie-

Have you serviced it lately

How about your fuel

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Was serviced about 4months ago...
Fuel consumption is down to 20mile for £5...(about 3.9ltr = 20 mile)

Also, problem has returned hard to start in cold mornings or if you let the engine cool for an hour or so! :/

Two things come too mind the bad starting may be battery

Fuel filter it usually get forgotten about did you change that may be she is starved of fuel

Will try the fuel filter, being a petrol I guess it's harder to find/change!? :/

Battery was new last year and had it tested to make sure it wasn't it...the car cuts out 2/3 times before she starts cold, then when temp reaches around 50oC she runs perfect!? :/

The car should be getting. Up too 80 deg normal running temp

Fuel filter is under drivers side back wheel follow filler cap down to ground look up

Remember the arrow on old filter and fit new pointing in right direction

Thanks! :)

Will try that as soon as ECP opens again, any other ideas floating about if not that? Lol

Cheers

Oh, also, it's when the temp reaches 50 it's start to play ball, it does reach 80 and stays there when driving! :)

Up to 50, it's a heap of rubbish, shakes and huge clunks until it reaches 50!

Things I can think of:

1. MAF sensor.
2. Front oxygen sensor
3. Faulty fuel pump
4. Faulty coils
5. Faulty coil leads
6. Crank position sensor especially if it stalls.
7. Head gasket leak resulting in low engine compression

Best to take it to an independent Merc mechanic with access to STAR diagnostic software and see what error codes come up otherwise unless you can test all these things you're just guessing.

what are the symptoms of a bad head gasket?

my w202 C180 reaches 100 celsius in less than 100 kilometers,is this a good sign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom