W202 C230K Experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swiss Toni

MB Enthusiast
Car
Pedestrian
I know someone who is looking for a W202 C230K 1999ish - any advice I should pass on?

Cheers!

:D

Swiss Toni said:
I know someone who is looking for a W202 C230K 1999ish - any advice I should pass on?

Cheers!

:D

The 230 engine is a very strong engine, so you shouldn't have too many worries on that score, however, you do need to check that the supercharger is in a healthy state, ie no excessive rattling and chattering from the unit when hot.

This engine does sound rough at the best of times, especially when cold.

I inherited a 230K back in 1999 as a company car and it needed a new supercharger at 30,000 miles as the previous owner of the car had a habit of thrashing it down the motorway and the peeling off into the service stations and just switching the engine off.......this fries the oil in the supercharger bearings and causes premature failure.....you need to let them idle for 30 seconds or so before switching off, just to let them cool down slightly.

It may also be worth checking the actions of the autobox, ie is it shifting correctly, is kickdown working and is the tip function working correctly.

Key to a long life on these, is FULL SERVICE HISTORY....as ever.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom