W202 C230K - Pierburg Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sicelo

Car
1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, manual
I have always had fuel delivery issues with my C230K since taking ownership about a year and a half ago. Turned out that a completely wrong pump had been installed by previous owners, and this pump has was on its way out, accompanied by high-pitched noises and occasionally wouldn't operate at all without coercion.

Fast forward to now - the correct Bosch pump (0 986 580 372) is way above what i can afford for now (as I have other gremlins to deal with on this C230K). In my research, I found that the Pierburg 7.22156.50.0 fuel pump is compatible, and have just learned today that one of our local shops has them in stock, for 1/4 the price of the Bosch.

What is your take on this pump? Anyone ever used it? Or let's say - anyone ever replaced Bosch fuel pump with a compatible Pierburg, and was it worth it, or not?

I just need something that won't give out in a short time, or start making nasty noises.

I've the Pierburg fitted, no problems with it for the last two years. I checked and fuel pressure and it's spot on. Go for it.

disappointment .. the shop doesn't have a genuine pierburg fuel pump :(

anyway, while there i found they have a genuine pierburg maf, which i subsequently bought for my other gremlins. pump purchase postponed

Sicelo, seek out a used pump if you are stuck. Any external mounted pump will do the job provided it's within the required fuel pressure range. It doesn't need to be a Bosch or Pierburg, look at GM one's for example but try find one with a threaded connector (interchangable) on the outlet if poss. You can even carry a simple flow test before fitting a used one.

Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom